Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia's going to unveil a Soul based concept car at NAIAS 2009 in January. This is going to be the fourth Soul concept already. It is not knowkn what exactly the car will be, but some predict it's a small pick-up, or it could also be a three door variant.

Here's the official Kia press release:

Kia Motors has announced that it will unveil a new concept vehicle at the 2009 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. A fresh take on the recently revealed and eagerly anticipated 2010 Soul urban crossover passenger car, the new concept is more than just a package treatment, as it will demonstrate the flexibility of the original Soul design first shown at the 2006 NAIAS.

The Kia Motors press conference for the 2009 NAIAS is scheduled to take place on Sunday, January 11, 2009 from 2:20-2:45 pm.

No further details are being made available at this time.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
or similar to the old Sportage soft-top, which was on sale in 90s. Don't know if it was successful, but it sure was attractive as not many automakers offered soft-top SUVs at that time.

The Soulster could also feature a more rugged or buggy style exterior design. Rear seats could also be removed or folding flat making the vehicle a small pick-up car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The soft top wasn't succesful in DUbai. but that had something to do with Kia popularity at that time. Cuz wrangler soft tops were and are still quiet popular. and himi, if I've counted right, this should be tha 5th [not 4th] Soul concept.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you look at the teaser pic that shows the rear corner there seems to be some reflection from glass....if the Soul'ster has power retractable side windows(sort of like the Del Sol rear) it could make things interesting.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It freaking gorgeous himi! Please let us know if you have ANY idea when/if it will go on sale in the U.S. I showed it to a friend last night.....he was jaw-dropped and wants to buy one.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It freaking gorgeous himi!
I AGREE! It's an awesome looking concept car!!!!!

I have not seen anyone saying it will hit the production, and personally I doubt Kia is interested in production at all. You know, they don't want to produce such low-quantity cars.

Have you seen an excee'd concept? A rocking cabrio which will never become a reality due to it's high development costs. Developing a sof-top pick-up kia soul would also mean high expenses for the company, so I don't see it being developed anytime soon. I HOPE I'M WRONG!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes himi, I've seen a pic of the excee'd concept, and it is sweet. I have heard a few car reviewers comment on the Soulster as a production vehicle, the consensus is "probably will happen". It would sell quite well here in the states, I'm sure of it. Kia would likely do some market research before making a decision, but when I show the Soulster pics to friends they react VERY favorably.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet It's largest market would be sunny California. I hope rumours come true and kia builds it.

Found some nice shots of the Soulster at Leftlane website. It looks really good!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts