Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I've followed some of his reviews too deejay. Did you see any during his Stinger ownership phase?

I enjoy his reactions because they are off the cuff.

When he says the DCT turbo is clumsy, especially at low speeds, almost like a manual transmission, I want to tell him "it IS a manual transmission, automatically controlled." That's how it's built to handle.

That's where I think some DCTs get a bad rap, because they aren't meant for people who just want a fast automatic.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've followed some of his reviews too deejay. Did you see any during his Stinger ownership phase?

I enjoy his reactions because they are off the cuff.

When he says the DCT turbo is clumsy, especially at low speeds, almost like a manual transmission, I want to tell him "it IS a manual transmission, automatically controlled." That's how it's built to handle.

That's where I think some DCTs get a bad rap, because they aren't meant for people who just want a fast automatic.

I haven't yet, I've been going back through his older vids, I just came across him when he posted his review on reddit.
Yeah, I agree completely. I really enjoyed his genuine love of the car though. And the other minor misstatements are completely forgivable considering he only gets to spend a few days with the cars.
In corresponding with him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy, so I thought I'd share here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love my GTL Turbo. Had it 2 weeks. Fun car so far. My only issue. The detailers at the dealer, is an idiot. Car came with swirls in the paint and they won't fix it.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I love my GTL Turbo. Had it 2 weeks. Fun car so far. My only issue. The detailers at the dealer, is an idiot. Car came with swirls in the paint and they won't fix it.
I usually give a new car the full treatment for this very reason, that means wash, clay bar, buff then wax. This gets rid of the rail dust plus any idiot damage.

Pat.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I like the review but he is a little tedious with his repetitious statements. He does share my opinion of the need for the turbo, obviously I like that.
lol, that was my initial thought, "How much shorter is it than a Toyota and Subaru? How much longer than a Miata?"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts