Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the big island. We are near Pahoa, where the lava flow seems to be heading. We are maybe 7-8 miles away.

We are retired, and the wife wants another car. We have a 2004 Toyota Tacoma small truck that is a workhorse. I joined here to try to learn more about the Soul, and reliability issues, etc. As far as gas mileage, I was spoiled by a 1990 Geo Metro 2 door hatchback with the little 3 cylinder engine and a manual transmission. 54 miles per US gallon, was the average of that car over the 160,000+ miles I drove it. We'd have to get an automatic, as my wife doesn't drive a stick.

I like the looks of the Soul, and hope to get an education about this car.

Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
welcome to the forum.

The equivalent current vehicle that comes close to your 1990 Geo Metro, is the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage - a 1.2L, 75 hp, 3 cylinder engine - one of the worse rated vehicles that Consumer Reports has ever tested :sneakiness:

You will find out that the Soul will not match this vehicle in fuel economy (or your old Metro) but is superior in every other way.

I'm retired too and my wife loves driving our Soul. :applause:

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
If he liked the rough edged Metro, He'll LOVE the Mirage...!!!...<:)) That's the one he should be looking at...
You're not helping the Soul cause you know?

Jon, you'll find the Soul very easy to drive and get in and out of if you're of retirement age. It's an extremely practical vehicle too.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,091 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums! :applause:

I love my Soul! It may not get the best gas mileage but makes up for that in every other way. Go drive one and you will see and be hooked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts