Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Steve from Texas. I'm here because of an issue I'm having with my 2015 KIA Soul+ It's been parked for a month now. I know a little bit about working on cars. Just enough to get me into trouble sometimes. What I know is I need help with an engine noise issue and will post about it seperately.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi, I'm Steve from Texas. I'm here because of an issue I'm having with my 2015 KIA Soul+

I need help with an engine noise issue...

Hello Sarge,

Hey, I also have a 2015+

About the only time I actually listen to my wagon
is when I first turn it on. Radio off, I let it run
until the RPM display goes below 1k. I concentrate
on the noises it makes. I listen for anything unusual.

Once that has been achieved, and it sounds OK.
I just turn up the sound machine, until that's all I hear!
The radio goes "on". Rock and Roll was meant to be played loud!

Now I'm curious...
What "noise" seems to be bothering you?

And, I'm glad you found the Kia Soul Forums.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Pat.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As SoulMaster mentioned, the Kia products have a pretty generous warranty especially if you bought the vehicle new--10 year 100,000 miles for the powertrain. If you are not the initial owner, the warranty gets shaved down a bit--5 years or 60,000 miles--but it is still pretty long especially compared to other makes. If it is a salvaged vehicle, then no KIA warranty coverage.

Look forward to hearing more details about your engine noise.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, the engine rattles on start up... It has a lot of EXTRA linkage up top to work the Valves... Its Hot as Hell here right now. so the engine is under more sever stress per manual... Your option is 5W30 for Hot southern summer running...
Note: I use 5W30 Synthetic for summer running... It will not fix the Designed in Start up rattles, but it Quiets down right away, and I'm being Kind to my engine in this Hot Climate...<:))
Note: I change at 5.000 miles because my Black Stone Oil Analysis shows that the Additives just start to break down... That's OK, but could run it further, but for me <Out It Comes With A New "KIA" Filter> But that's just ME...<:))

Yours is 2.0 GDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Svr0eqR06U

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,404 Posts
Sgtncharge, you should skeedattle right on down to your Kia dealer & let them know your concerns.

You have a world class warranty & Kia wants you to be happy.

Don't mess with this yourself & possibly make things worse.

Good luck & great to have you join us!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,616 Posts
I took it to the dealer and they're installing a new long block engine.
???? Wut happened? Run out of oil?

I've had '13 1.6 and '15 2.0 and neither rattled or made diesel-type noises on startup. My new '17 1.6 & model is as smooth as a sewing machine.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
I took it to the dealer and they're installing a new long block engine.
Ah come on sgtncharge, don't tease us. There has to be a good story behind this major response to your "noise" issue.

Details........please :)

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
For those of us "Block" challenged, like me:

Long block is an automotive term for an engine sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder head, camshaft (usually), and valve train A long block does not include fuel system, electrical, intake, and exhaust components, as well as other components

1 - 14 of 14 Posts