Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It doesn't look like anyone has posted here for awhile. I have a 2012 Kia Soul + Alien in Southern NH. Hello all you New Englanders!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, just got my Red Rock Soul yesterday. Didn't really care about the Red Rock color but it had all the stuff I would have added to a normal ! anyway :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, I just started looking around because I'm still working on my profile and "garage." I have a 2010 Molten Soul (love to say that), and I live in Central CT. BEST CAR I HAVE EVER HAD!!!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Why don't you join us for Hamsters in the Mist II on the first Saturday in June. It is our second International meet. There is a thread on Soul Hamsters and here in the Canadian central section of the forums

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
If we meet up maybe we should organize some "Soul's take Mt Washington" meet or something....gotta admit it'd be freaking awesome seeing a train of Soul's wheeling up the mountain.
And i'm sure we could all get discounted rates as a large group! -- this one is for Car clubs :p)
We drove to the top of Mt Washington last September, what a drive (had my Rondo at the time) made use of the manual mode on the climb and coming back - what a drive. The CD they give you is very good, giving you all the details as you climb and got my official certificate for doing it.
It was not clear on the top and you could hardly see a thing, but the day before we were on the other side and rode up on the Cog Railway and it was totally clear.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Hi everyone, just joined the site today, I have '12 Alien Green Soul (could you have guessed?lol). I'm from Attleboro MA. Yes, I do wave to other Kia Souls when I pass them. :)

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
Same here. are you that green one i see driving about town? -- i've got a silver Soul + w/ audio package and Eco package.
I think you might be getting confused between Active ECO (which is standard on all automatics) and the ECO package which contains ISG (Idle Stop and Go) as it was never released to the US market for the 2012 models. A lot of owners have been getting confused on this subject.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Def could be, however the salesguy said i would have a "Software patch" for ISG lol, however finding out KIA isnt doing anything like that...so dealing with that but eh i still Love my soul.

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
"software patch" for ISG - that's good ;) like to see them pull that one off, it involves a lot of different mechanical components to create ISG. Makes you wonder where they get their info from :think

·
Registered
22 Posts
"software patch" for ISG - that's good ;) like to see them pull that one off, it involves a lot of different mechanical components to create ISG. Makes you wonder where they get their info from :think
i had that same thought origonally but being as most cars now-adays are mostly computerized i presumed he knew what he was talking about. i did some research and saw the 2.0 Eco package , saw the car i was looking at had the Active Eco- talked to dealer they confirmed it was the 2.0 Eco package showed me the Low roll tires battery and alternator and when i test drove it and couldn't get ISG to work that's when he fed me that line. looking into it i saw KIA mentioned in spots delayed release of ISG so presumed dealer knew what he was talking about.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts