Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 SOul has 167,000 kms and still running great. with no issues.. regular oil changes and thinking of changing plugs? Also in January I had an issue with the Cluster... went from parking outside at -27C into warm parkade with high humitity. When I had the vehicle loaded I noticed that the dash looked like it had rained inside my vehicle. Condensed humitity.
When I went back out again and parked the vehicle for a half hour it would not come out of park. Well after releasing the shift lever device and consulting with the Kia dealership ( estimation of $1,300)... I decided to see what I could do... I spent the next two weeks looking for a used gauge cluster and driving by releasing the column device. No guages, no guage lights, no tach no odometer, nothing but the hand brake and the occasional seatbelt lights.

Well I read on this forum that a solution might be to use contact cleaner... I removed the cluster again and tried the contact cleaner on the cable... that did not work... next I removed it and took it inside and completely disassembled the screws off the board and took the gauge needles off ... put back in and didn't work.... one final try was to take apart again and took the Odometer ribbon cable apart. cleaned it and reassembled. Eureka that worked. everything back to normal now!!
Towing with a Soul 2.0 L is awesome ... 120 kmph on interstate with only 11.9 litres per 100km,.. pulling over 1300 pounds and 3 adult and baggage about another 200lbs on the roof. Awesome transmission and engine.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tips and solutions are always welcome.

Pat.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,443 Posts
Good job Bobs! It's amazing how much oxidation can creep up on various types of cables and contacts. The old "unplug it, clean it, plug it back in" that grandpa taught me has paid off several times.

That's some good mileage you've gotten from your 2013 Soul.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts