Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,215 Posts
Very nice Soul-Oh. Congrats on your new EX. It's a beauty.

(PS: Great urban photography shot!)

Reactions: Soul-Oh

·
Registered
2020 Soul GT Line Turbo, Neptune Blue
64 Posts
I wish the GT Lines were available in that color. I got the Neptune Blue but would have gotten Space Green in a heartbeat if I could. Completely off-topic, I'm digging those shoes. What kind are they?

·
Registered
2020 EX Premium; 2010 4uSX
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish the GT Lines were available in that color. I got the Neptune Blue but would have gotten Space Green in a heartbeat if I could. Completely off-topic, I'm digging those shoes. What kind are they?
If the Solar Yellow was also available, it would be a tough call but the green might still be more unique.

Believe it or not, they are Crocs! :D Men’s Swiftwater™ Mesh Deck Sandal - Crocs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations. Awesome pic; Luv the choice of color. It would look awesome with the a bug deflector. The bug deflectors and the LED lights give the front end a bold / bad look. Was the pic taken in the distillery district?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations. Awesome pic; Luv the choice of color. It would look awesome with the a bug deflector. The bug deflectors and the LED lights give the front end a bold / bad look. Was the pic taken in the distillery district?
Thank you.

I got the entire front wrapped in PPF, so I don't need a bug deflector. However, I have a few other surprises in the works; more pics coming when that happens!

Yes, this was in the Distillery District, where you turn in for the adjacent condo's underground parking. It's a relatively quiet spot with only parking traffic; you can take a few minutes for a photo without getting bothered.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
692 Posts
I got the entire front wrapped in PPF, so I don't need a bug deflector.
Was that expensive to have done and how long is it expected to last?
The car looks great and I love that color. 👍 Unfortunately it's only available in Canada—the US gets the darker green, which just doesn't do it for me personally.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was that expensive to have done and how long is it expected to last?
My 2010 Soul was done only partial hood and fenders, and never got chips in those places. Many chips elsewhere, however. So I wanted the front entirely wrapped this time. I got the Xpel Ultimate film, full bumper, full fenders, full hood, side mirrors. There's a 10-year warranty against yellowing, discoloration, peeling, cracking and hazing. If it fails, they’ll replace it—labor included.

The films have improved in these 10 years, but the prices have also gone up. They say "buy once, cry once". But they don't say how long you'll cry. :D :D It cost me $1800 CAD after taxes, which is a lot of money, IMO. I had other quotes for $2000 CAD before taxes.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
692 Posts
The films have improved in these 10 years, but the prices have also gone up. They say "buy once, cry once". But they don't say how long you'll cry. :D :D It cost me $1800 CAD after taxes, which is a lot of money, IMO. I had other quotes for $2000 CAD before taxes.

Yikes, that's a bit out of my budget for my used car, maybe if it were new I'd consider it. Probably why I've heard of it mostly used on Supercars. Luckily my car doesn't get much highway use, so my plans for a bug/rock deflector are still more appropriate for my situation.
Thanks for sharing that detailed info. 👍

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New rims! RTX Black Widow
Finally got to clay bar and spray ceramic coating last night. Did not detail the tires yet.

More pics and surprises coming soon. 😀

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Thank you.

I got the entire front wrapped in PPF, so I don't need a bug deflector. However, I have a few other surprises in the works; more pics coming when that happens!
Like you I had the entire front wrapped , including full hood and both fenders, bumper, headlamps, and mirrors also had the roof done in front of the sunroof.
Had my last 4 cars done like this and never had a stone chip on any of them. Expensive for sure, but still cheaper than repainting.On one car, front bumper got gouged in a parking lot hit and run. When the the expel was removed there was no damage, just replace the film and good to go.

Pat.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before and after I hyperdipped the rear diffuser.

This was my first time ever doing such a thing. I will touch it up and add the spray on ceramic coating later.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Added LED light strips over the front foot wells and under the front seats. This version uses a USB plug instead of 12v so it works for the outlet behind the center console.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
774 Posts
The Green Lantern!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,215 Posts
Man, love the Kicks on your Soul. Photos, again, A+

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! I'm liking the new rims too, even tho they take a bit more time to wash.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My mods:
1) paint protection film on front bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors
2) new rims
3) hooks behind rear headrests to hang cargo net, grocery bags, takeout bags, etc
4) quilted moving blanket as cargo mat
5) LED light strips over front foot wells and under front seats
6) centre storage console tray
7) silver rear diffuser sprayed black with Hyperdip
8) centre taillight tinted black to de-emphasize the horseshoe look
9) front & rear dashcams

I need to stop. 😳

1 - 20 of 20 Posts