Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fun car, and a LOT easier to get into and out of, (old folks that we are), compared to the Veloster.

No real issues, only learning the buttons and gadgets.

May have to budget for front tires...

Is it normal that the "HD Weather Data" never finishes loading or starts working?

Dang near a Level 2 Autonomous driver...(steers itself within the lane - but nags about getting hands back on the wheel after a bit).

Just figured out how to display boost today.

Got it Friday, Oct 4th, but haven't determined where the top end limiter might be set, ("V" rated tires though...).

UVO registration and usefulness seems vague.

Is there a rear deck release the driver can use?

I suppose the combo of WiFi garage doors and smart phone proximity-based routines - have replaced the need to have garage door buttons up by the visor?

Has anyone figured out how to mount a bike rack at the rear frame (with the center-mounted Turbo exhausts)?

A lot of potential threads, sorry...

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,737 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome! It looks like you are going to have a lot to tell us.
I have thought about the Veloster as a sporty affordable car. I don't know about the entry and exit though.
I don't believe there is a rear hatch release in the car, just on the key fob, although I've never used it for that. Maybe it's just an unlock on the fob?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured out the HD Weather gets its data from a local HD Radio (digital FM), if available... a given HD FM station can have up to (4) sub channels on the same “frequency”. The Soul’s display automatically shows the sub channels with an “HD” logo as well.

However, you need to tune slowly or look in the web for stations in your area. And they might not broadcast Weather data...

Also, wife was driving and a dingy alarm sounded whenever she touched the accelerator. She could not see any alarm message, but I finally figured out one of the rear doors was not tight. She did not notice the gray display of the open door, in fairness it should have been highlighted and/or shown as text...

we are both learning...

·
Registered
647 Posts
Concerning garage door buttons, there is a dealer installed option for a rear view mirror with the buttons. I had it installed in my 2015

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Also,in response for top speed,I’m not sure yet..
Had a chance to run with a young gentleman in an older M3,and was still pulling at 126mph when I lifted.He was a little stunned that a Soul would even run that hard LOL,and yes he was pulling on me pretty good by then,but not nearly as much as we both thought he would.He was out about a good 7-8 cars lengths.

·
Super Moderator
9,508 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
It does need to have a power source Shaggy. I believe the easy swap reference may be in the case of already having an auto dim mirror without the home link. I don't know about the US but my GT-Line LTD came with the auto dim mirror standard.

Pat.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My 2020 Turbo did not come with auto dim,but the do have power for the uvo button etc.,so it IS a unplug,and plug in(same connector) swap.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you have the UVO button on your mirror,there is power to it.
UVO is not powered by magic lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
It's always power up there, even if the mounted mirror has no power, just because they offer that option in factory. It's not like they will re-wire the car for adding a self-dimming mirror.
The same goes for heated mirrors, fog lights...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts