Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get a car as my Rio was dying and I wanted something like an SUV but not so big and expensive. I ended up getting a silver and black 2010 Kia Soul+ 2.0L automatic. It came with the 8 speaker light up sound system, fog lights, 16" tires and sunroof. I am VERY happy with it and think I made a great decision.

I really could not pick any options or I might have gone with 18" and more frills, but its has what it has. :very_drunk:

I know next to nothing about the Soul's so if anyone knows anything "crucial" I should know please go ahead. I had the Rio and it had some weird type of engine where if the timing belt broke and the engine was running it could destroy the engine, so "crucial" info on the Rio was "you MUST MUST change the timing belt at 60k miles to be safe.

Thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
552 Posts
welcome, congrats & enjoy. yes you have timing belt, change the oil every 5000 miles or so and the motor will out last the chassis.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
you didn't say how many miles on it. Did you get the service history with the vehicle? Just follow your maintenance section of the owners manual and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks. There was only 1 owner before me and its around 69k miles. I only drive maybe 7k miles a year, my job is close, so this should last me a long time knock on wood. I don't know the exact maintenance history except when the oil needs to be changed next.

The inside is close to perfect from what I have seen in only having it a couple days, tiny match head size hole in the rear seat and a few light marks I am going to touch up. Everyone that sees it says they are surprised the inside looks so good.

The exterior has a couple things I could not get the dealer to fix, but nothing major. A golf ball size ding in the rear door, my dad thinks he can get it out and a couple scratches on the hood that I am pretty sure can be compounded out.

I know I am overly critical :> as its mine, most might not even notice the things I mentioned. From a couple feet away, it looks perfect.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Welcome ! Got some news you may not want to hear . Same timing belt deal on your Soul . Should be changed @ 60k . Almost every car that has a timing belt rather than a timing chain should be changed around 60k .

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Kia Soul forum and ownership.
Yes Belt life has increased with better materials but disregard mileage and change on 5- 6years or 60k which ever comes first.
Renault give 100k for their belts but will often go with only 40 k once 7 years reached.

Jeff

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the board.

I changed my belt at 87K and that's after 4 years (Purchased brand new in 2011) racing, canyon driving, autocross, offroading and freeway driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts