Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my poor baby was rear ended not too long ago and my rear bumper was destroyed. I have been trying to find a replacement rear bumper that Red Zone edition but to my unfortune it has become a headache. I been to my Kia Dealership where it was purchased and they checked the vin but did not offer Red Zone edition parts, just the regular ones. They don't even know how to get them which has been frustrating to know. So now I'm turning to you guys and see if you could help me find or point me into the right direction with body part numbers, numbers to call or any clues that can help me restore my car to its normal self. Thank you again and hoping you all can help me. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You give the parts man "ANY" Red Zone Vin. Number, and then the Parts catalog opens up for him to order parts for the RED ZONE...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried that already my car is a red zone but with black accents. We tried another car they had in the dealership and it did not work. Do you have a Red Zone vin number I could try? Now that I think about it both cars weren't identically to the red zone. Mine is white with black trim the other was all black.

·
Registered
Inferno Red 2015 Soul +, Shadow Black 2016 Soul +
64 Posts
I think the white with black version was referred to as the "soulful" edition. Ask them to look for parts under that description.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
For 2016 the rear bumper is on a Tarmac edition I believe. Here's a Tarmac VIN KNDJP3A52G7348735

Your dealer will have to call Kia with the VIN since their catalog doesn't show the correct part number for the VIN. Kia will supply them the correct PN#. The bumper cover is paint to match.

This is the bumper.

b3786b3c029db12ac80aa65491160898x.jpg

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Vin's are FREE, not secret... They are right there under the windshield for "ANY" body to Read, and Use for just such a purpose as yours...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've contacted Kia and hopefully they reach out with right part number. I've already tried talking to my Kia Dealership and explained that my car is a special edition. They don't even put the effort to try and find the parts I need, all they say to me is that my VIN number is not showing the right part and that's all they do. We even tried another VIN number from a car they are selling just like TnTsSoul's car and that even doesn't show the right parts. I'll keep trying though.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
I've contacted Kia and hopefully they reach out with right part number. I've already tried talking to my Kia Dealership and explained that my car is a special edition. They don't even put the effort to try and find the parts I need, all they say to me is that my VIN number is not showing the right part and that's all they do. We even tried another VIN number from a car they are selling just like TnTsSoul's car and that even doesn't show the right parts. I'll keep trying though.
That VIN isn't actually from my Soul, it's from the leftover '16 I'm trying to work a deal on. The picture is from a different dealer. I had my dealers parts department price me all of the Tarmac body parts using that VIN. They had to call Kia and had all of the part numbers in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,446 Posts
Hey r2ro, you're not the only one to run up against Kia dealers being of little to no help with part numbers or even trying very hard to help.

They told me Cruise Control was not available on my 2014 MT, no parts available. Nada. Same for center console with armrest.

Thanks to this forum and the great folks here, I've been driving for 3 years with both those options (self) installed, factory.

Don't give up, you just have to work around the dealers and innovate. Alot of us have had success with places like kiapartsnow.com and quirkparts.com and kiaparts.com just to name a few.

All the best!

Reactions: Soul.Master.007
1 - 10 of 10 Posts