Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am "in the process" of purchasing a new Kia Soul SX Luxury, and have been negotiating back and forth with my dealer for the past two weeks. Yesterday (Sept 18) I finally made the plunge and decided to purchase the car. I received $500 in Kia incentives, as well as discounts from the dealer. I just happened to look on the Kia website today, and now noticed that they have an additional $750 off the Kia Soul directly from Kia (that started September 18.) I have been fighting tooth and nail for a competitive price, and just feel like I have been slapped in the face that there was this additional discount that I wasn't informed of. I have already signed my bill of sale, been approved for financing and paid a $500 deposit to the dealer. They are in the process of finding me a white Soul, and no VIN number was written on my bill of sale. I am just reaching out to see if anyone knows what options/ pull I possibly have with my dealer. I was so excited, thinking I got a good deal, and just feel like I was alluded or mislead. Do I have any options?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question about incentives and dealer misrepresentation- PLEASE HELP!

Hello,

I am "in the process" of purchasing a new Kia Soul SX Luxury, and have been negotiating back and forth with my dealer for the past two weeks. Yesterday (Sept 18) I finally made the plunge and decided to purchase the car. I received $500 in Kia incentives, as well as discounts from the dealer. I just happened to look on the Kia website today, and now noticed that they have an additional $750 off the Kia Soul directly from Kia (that started September 18.) I have been fighting tooth and nail for a competitive price, and just feel like I have been slapped in the face that there was this additional discount that I wasn't informed of. I have already signed my bill of sale, been approved for financing and paid a $500 deposit to the dealer. They are in the process of finding me a white Soul, and no VIN number was written on my bill of sale. I am just reaching out to see if anyone knows what options/ pull I possibly have with my dealer. I was so excited, thinking I got a good deal, and just feel like I was alluded or mislead. Do I have any options?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hello,

Thank you very much!
Your only hope would be to go to your dealer with your new found information and see what they will do . Regardless you are getting an awesome car you will feel is worth double whatever you pay for it .

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi there, I really have no idea on any potential recourse, but when I bought my Soul 1-month ago, there was $2000 USD rebate if financed through Kia. I did this, even though my plan was to pay cash. However, it still depends on what you negotiate as the final price before the financing.... Also, consider that the amount of rebate depends on the interest rate. For my deal, it was zero interest with $1000 rebate or 1.9% interest for $2000 USD rebate.... I did the math back of the envelope and figured that the $2000 was a tad bit better, even if i made the minimum payments for the term of the loan.... I would not worry about it too much, if you are financing and over the term of the loan $750 is not really enough to fight about, but maybe bring it up to the dealer and hope for some small token. For sure, Kia seems to care about the customers.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Everything they can avoid that will save you money, will just add to their commission, so by that nature it is their job to bilk the consumer for every bit they can. You can mention it just to see what they say, but since you already signed the contract (bill of sale) so its not likely anything will change. They may have disguised the $750 as a dealer incentive as well to make them look better, or they could just tell you that to try to appease you.

It would be nice if Manufacturers could sell directly to the public, everything would have a set price and there would be no salesman for a middle man so no commission piled on the price. Elio is having issues in the U.S. with this now. That would be my next new vehicle if it actually came to market with everything they promised including their price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know about Canada but in the US most states have what is called "Buyers Remorse" laws that let you back out within three business days. However before canceling the deal I would talk to them and see what they will do for you. You said you got discounts from the dealer. Maybe they factored in the additional $750 already. Anyway, I would not hesitate to call them on this and definitely bail out unless you are 100% satisfied. Any dealer can search around and find you the Soul you want. Shop multiple dealers and don't be intimidated. You can always walk away as there is always more fish in the pond so to speak. Get what you want at the price you want. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
If you actually go into details of that "Kia Awards Celebration" BS, you will see that the $750 they are offering is for mobility assistance.

Kia Canada welcomes the opportunity to assist individuals who require adaptive aid to drive a Kia vehicle by providing them a rebate of up to $750 towards the purchase and installation of specialty equipment on your Kia vehicle.

What you may qualify is for $500 first car buyer, $500 grad rebate, $500 public works rebate and $500 military rebate. Hit all 4 and you can get upto $2000 off. I can't really believe it, buy it appears the September/October's incentives are worse than August, even in the US. At least there was a $2000 off for choosing 1.9% finance. Glad I got it when I did.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Geez man, you are not talking about a lot of money.
Get your Soul and enjoy it. Forget about "being taking advantage of".

Lets face it, a change in deals or what a dealer will offer is very fluid.
When I bought my Soul,I negotiated a acceptable deal. I Got some extras I
asked for etc. I financed through Kia. My timing was great since it was during the end of
the model year. Suppose I bought earlier in the year. After I drove the vehicle home Kia
offers a greater rebate plus zero interest,tires for life and all that stuff.
Do you think I could go back and want them to redo my deal to match the current fire sale pricing?
NO.
My friend,its all in the timing.

I agree,if it were me,I'd talk to the dealership about the difference in bucks you feel you have lost. Don't talk with the
salesman. Speak directly to the head guy.
He may throw you a bone. Maybe offer free or a discount on service.

Good luck and learn from this experience.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Since you have not accepted a car yet the contract has not been fulfilled. I would "talk" to the dealer and if you feel they are playing games just walk away for the dealership and go to another. Not sure how it works up there but here in the states until property has been transferred the contract has not been consummated.

Mark

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Since you have not accepted a car yet the contract has not been fulfilled. I would "talk" to the dealer and if you feel they are playing games just walk away for the dealership and go to another. Not sure how it works up there but here in the states until property has been transferred the contract has not been consummated.

Mark
Before he comes in and embarrasses himself, he should read the fine print. There is no $750 discount, unless he needs one of those wheelchair ramps or steering wheel pedals.

http://www.kia.ca/promos?so-button

·
Registered
847 Posts
Before he comes in and embarrasses himself, he should read the fine print. There is no $750 discount, unless he needs one of those wheelchair ramps or steering wheel pedals.

Kia Canada - promos

If that is the case then ahh yes I concur LOL

Mark

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
F.W.I.W...As long as the car has not been "delivered" (customer takes possession of it) all new rebates are applicable if qualified.
I had this exact same thing happen in 2004 to me.
One of my 2 elantras being purchased had a bumper scuff so I wanted another car.
While the paperwork and new car was being prepped another 1,000.00 rebate surfaced.
The dealer REFUSED to apply the rebate siting that I was already getting an amazing deal (which I truly was) (2004 elantra sedan and 2005 elantra hatchie for 10k Each, out the door)
I took the cars along with all my info and contacted Hyundai.
The rep was super nice and super helpful!
I had to fax my contracts along with some other info as she made heads or tails of it all.
About 6 weeks later I had a check in hand from that dealership for 1,000.00!
We called it "the great rebate debate"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I was referring to this promotion-

"For this month only we are celebrating all the awards Kia has won and we are awarding you with great savings on our award winning vehicle line up. Take advantage of our 0% Financing for up to 84 months or up to $7,000 in DiscountsΦ on select models. Offer ends September 30th, 2015."

Also, when you click to build and price the car, $500 is deducted because you are choosing a 2015 model, as well as $750 for the "awards celebration" (from September 18-30)

I appreciate everyone taking the time to reply. I am still very excited about my Soul!

·
Registered
799 Posts
You might want to have the free intitial review of your case with a lawyer in Ontario. What your legal systems support may be are unknown to us. But first, try talking to the dealer. tell them you want that extra incentive or you will cancel and go to another dealer who will work it out with Kia. To me that 750 is a small reason to jeopardize your car, credit, or relationship with a dealer. Several thousand sure. but that small pittance? Can you really afford the top of the line Soul in canada?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you really afford the top of the line Soul in canada?
Yes, I can. I am someone who researched for a long time about what car I wanted to get, and passed up employee family discounts at Ford and Chevy because I loved the Soul. I just want to get the best possible deal, and was looking for information about my options in regards to new car buying when the car has not yet been found/ delivered to me yet.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I'm scratching my head on how one can sign a bill of sale without the actual car or VIN # being available. Perhaps OP signed a credit application, which is how he would get the financing. The few new cars that I purchased previously, I only signed the important papers on the day I was picking the car up.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I'm scratching my head on how one can sign a bill of sale without the actual car or VIN # being available. Perhaps OP signed a credit application, which is how he would get the financing. The few new cars that I purchased previously, I only signed the important papers on the day I was picking the car up.
unless canada is very strange this is probably what happened.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
unless canada is very strange this is probably what happened.

Dealers will frequently work with their "stock number" over an actual vin number.
I think it's part & parcell of the smoke & mirrors that dealers are well known for.
Even if they gave you a vin number, until you physically went out and matched it to the vehicle, what would it really matter?

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
In my query for a new car I am frequently hearing (from dealers that don't have it of course) "Oh...that is a rare color"
It's like a job is hard to find when you don't have one but plentiful when your are employed.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts