Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to rig some small fans and a solar panel to keep air moving through my car when it's parked so it doesn't turn into an oven. It seems to me that the best place to do this would be in/at the cabin exhaust vent.

Anyway, I need a little help from the Kia community: Where is the cabin exhaust vent? I was looking around in the back of my car last night and it wasn't obvious where it was.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
7,969 Posts
I've never thought to look for one, no telling where it is..... I have no idea. :(

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,120 Posts
I think it's at the back, but never look for it (could be around the rear wheels), but sometimes you can hear it shortly after shutting a door.

I use side window visors and windshield cover to help with the heat exhaust when parked when necessary.

·
Registered
482 Posts
For the G2 (not sure if it will be the same on a G1) the exterior vent is on the rear drivers side directly below the tailight behind the rear bumper cover. On the same side of the interior there is a rectangular vent in the cargo area body panel in the spare tire well (have a peek at yours). Keep in mind, that there may not be a corresponding vent in the body right there though.

To rapid cool my interior on those hot days... with power windows I just roll down the windows after starting the car, have the ACC on Auto, drive a block to blow out the hotter air quickly , roll up the windows. Works great for me.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,870 Posts
Reactions: dynamo

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,870 Posts
To the Bat Cave :cold:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Great idea, but did you look at the reviews/ratings? Yikes! If a car got those ratings, I know I would not buy one. (Unless it's a Yugo! LOL)

If it had better ratings, I'd seriously consider one.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have an older version of that, it comes with plastic corrugation that is cut to size. It's a perfect fit and the window rolls up tight. Use it on my other Kia and it does help. All clear glass windows up all day gains heat. Say 90 outside 150-200 in the car, but with the vent it holds it close to outside temp. New car has tint so it doesn't work. I agree with roll them down for a block, although I hate how hot the seat feels. My molten has the rear floor vents under the front seats so I run dash and floor mixed. It seems to help get cold air under my seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts