Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I hope someone can point me in the right direction I have code p0420, now this one comes and go but now I have code c0300,p0404,p0300,p0301,c0700, p0503,p0003 I have replaced all 4 ignition coil pacs and spark plugs but nothing has changed I’m thinking there is one thing that triggered it all but do not know where to start

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Hi Robert and welcome to the forum. P0420 has been discussed at length on the forum (in multiple threads).

If you go to the upper right of the screen, you'll see 3 vertical dots, click on them and go down to "Advanced Search," click and then enter "P0420" in the Key Words search field. You'll get quite a bit of reading material to check out.

All the best with this issue. BTW, did you have the Recall performed for the software update for the catalytic converter overheating?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geo soul no I haven’t carried it to get the recall yet if I can get it running right I’ll get it there but the way it is running at the moment scared to drive it much

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Geo soul no I haven’t carried it to get the recall yet if I can get it running right I’ll get it there but the way it is running at the moment scared to drive it much
I hear ya Robert. If there is a chance of getting it to your dealer, they might fix everything under warranty, including a new catalytic converter if it has been damaged, all under Recall.

You might even try calling them & let them know you feel it's unsafe to even drive. They might tow it for you.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you have AAA they will tow it from your home if it is disabled.
Or at least my local AAA sent a truck to pick up my bike and haul it to the shop.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
That recall only affected the 1.6L Gen2s, correct?
That's correct kerig.

The recall is for 379,000 2012-2016 model year Kia Soul SUVs with 1.6 liter engines, over a catalytic converter defect that can cause fires, and 152,000 2011-2013 model year Tuscon SUVs and 2011-2012 Sportage SUVs, over an engine oil pan leak that can also cause fires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's correct kerig.

The recall is for 379,000 2012-2016 model year Kia Soul SUVs with 1.6 liter engines, over a catalytic converter defect that can cause fires, and 152,000 2011-2013 model year Tuscon SUVs and 2011-2012 Sportage SUVs, over an engine oil pan leak that can also cause fires.

Whew! Thank you!
I keep checking on recalls and get suspicious when I don't see any. 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts