Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to upgrade to a larger vehicle (need a 3rd row). I have a 2010 Ignition Orange special edition Soul with a manual transmission (black racing stripes, 18" wheels, etc.). I am the original owner and it has 48K miles on it. It has been maintained at the dealer I purchased the car from. It has been in no accidents and is still under bumper-to-bumper warranty until June of 2015. There are no mysteries with the car, just a solid well-maintained one owner car. It has new front brakes and two new tires that were added very recently. The car needs nothing. Overall, it has just normal wear and tear (few rock chips, a wheel scuff or two, etc.). This is not a for sale thread. I'm just trying to gauge what I should ask for the car and I have no idea where I should start. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Try Autotrader, truecar, or ebay. Or KBB.

Reactions: Sefirothe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
As an average I would say $10,500 or less as a private sale in the U.S is what you would most likely get, so starting at $11,500 seems reasonable.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
So is your dealer out of business?????

Go back to your Kia dealer and see if you can trade up to one of the BIG Kias. They should be willing to give you a nice returning customer discount on a new Kia.
That would definitely be my first choice.

Good Luck and Happy New Year,

:cool:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
check your local area, as prices will vary around the country depending on demand.

If you were living in Canada, I would say trade it on the Rondo (it can be had with a 3rd row), or the 2016 Sorento which will have the 3rd row (earlier models did too but the new one has more room for that purpose) and also the all new Sedona.

What vehicles were you thinking of for replacement to get the 3rd row?

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,639 Posts
Bought a 2015 Sedona SX. :)
Well you didn't waste time did you? And you've got LOTS more space. Kewl. Tell us about it sometime!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Go to carmax. They will give you a free estimate in about 30 min and what I have expierienced they are pretty good on the price they offer.
Yes, CarMax gave me an offer on my last car that was $500 more than two dealers were offering for trade-in, but I did a trade-in to save on taxes since we don't pay taxes on a new car when we do a trade-in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet as we just picked it up last night. But it is a really nice vehicle even if it is a minivan. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yours is worth around 10k. Believe me, I have your cousin, the Ghost special edition 2010 only mine has way more miles and mine was worth 7500. You probably are looking at around 10 because you can get a 2014 for as low as 18k. I would start there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts