Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm seeing the same notice that "updates temporarily unavailable". I haven't applied any updates since I purchased my Soul in late 2019 after seeing some of the issues others ran into. I wonder if a battery tender would work vice letting the vehicle run for hours during the upgrade.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Look closely at the info for your specific model year.
For my '21, it showed yesterday that the download won't be available until November 30.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The update became available today for my 2020 Soul EX (standard class Gen5W Navagstion). This will be my first applied since I purchased the vehicle new in 2019.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just applied the update to my 2020EX. It took about 25 minutes to download to a flash drive, and then 50 minutes to update the system in my car from the flash drive. At least the download time was appreciably faster but update time was longer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just applied the update to my 2020EX. It took about 25 minutes to download to a flash drive, and then 50 minutes to update the system in my car from the flash drive. At least the download time was appreciably faster but update time was longer.
I just updated mine as well. It took a total of 90(ish) minutes but this is the first time I've updated the system. Overall, slightly disappointed in a few items including a delay in starting and the new screen design. But I am sure over time, I will become more familiar with the new layout and like it the same.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just curious - did anyone see a list of what the map changes are?

More POI's?

More Speed limits for streets?

Updated highways?

Etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have noticed at least two items worthy of note:

The "Southing Sounds" are gone. (At least, I can't find them.) They appear to have been introduced in late 2020 and have now with the Nov 2021 update been taken away. :(

On the Navigation Screen, the "menu" is always visible although very lightly and it is transparent. Gives quick access to things like Nav Volume while not blocking the map. I likey.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have noticed at least two items worthy of note:

The "Southing Sounds" are gone. (At least, I can't find them.) They appear to have been introduced in late 2020 and have now with the Nov 2021 update been taken away. :(

On the Navigation Screen, the "menu" is always visible although very lightly and it is transparent. Gives quick access to things like Nav Volume while not blocking the map. I likey.
Do this to get to the Sounds of Nature. Press "Setup" to see the list of icons. Press "Button." On the next screen, press "Media." To the right of it is a list where Sounds of Nature appear. Press the checkbox and you're all set. And I found when I want to switch from SirusXM to FM to AM to Media (Sounds of Nature), I just repeatedly press the Mode button on the left side of the steering wheel. Let me know if this helps you out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Do this to get to the Sounds of Nature. Press "Setup" to see the list of icons. Press "Button." On the next screen, press "Media." To the right of it is a list where Sounds of Nature appear. Press the checkbox and you're all set. And I found when I want to switch from SirusXM to FM to AM to Media (Sounds of Nature), I just repeatedly press the Mode button on the left side of the steering wheel. Let me know if this helps you out.
It was prominent in the "Setup" screen.

Thanks for showing me where they moved it. (y)

It is easier to get to once you select it to appear in the "Mode" rotation.

Reactions: Rock the Box
21 - 29 of 29 Posts