Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like its about that time to venture through natures most beautiful wonders. Taking the scenic route on Caledon's beautiful back roads, famous clay hills, beautiful waterfalls, and beautiful hike.

The day will begin at 11:00 at Tim Hortons (4985 Ebenezer Rd Brampton, ON L6P 2W6).

Our First stop will be the furthest away from our start location, at the beautiful Hockley Valley Provincial Nature Reserve. Address in Laurel ON

Our Second stop will be our mid way point, where we will experience a beautiful walk through the Forks of the Credit Provincial Park. Address is : Forks of the Credit Provincial Park, Caledon, ON L7K 2H8

Third comes FOOD! We shall stop and dine at the Village Bistro in Caledon located at : 18371 Hurontario St, Caledon, ON L7K.

Our Final stop will be at the awaited Bad Lands of Caledon. Experience the beautiful Clay hills, and mask in the wonders of nature. Address is : 1500-1900 Olde Base Line Rd, Caledon, ON L7C 0J2

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those in the East you can meet us at Timmies at Victoria Park just north of the 401 at 9:30
Let us know if you are coming so we can let the restaurant know. Please bring FRS radios if you have them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really would have enjoyed the trip - unfortunately Saturday is always a work day - look forward to eventually meeting up one day - Vic Park/401 is just around the corner from me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
All you guys with radios and no recommendations? :( I don't want to get stuck buying something crappy or with a poor battery. Please help!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Adam, are you a member of Costco? I would get the Motorola GMRS radios that they sell at costco.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Just make sure they are GMRS radios and NOT FRS. Reason is that GMRS radios have sub-channels and the FRS radios, do not. We are always on channel 6 - sub-channel 5.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
have fun. I will be doing something similar in October. I will be taking mine to the smoky mountains. I have been there before, but this will be the first in the kia. I plan on running the blue ridge parkway, and some other side roads. I will probably go to cades cove too. I don't know about parsons branch road yet, but I think it will do it. its a gravel back road, but its hard packed and well maintained. shoot, if my focus will do it, I know the kia will.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could do one of two things. I just got mine from costco, and they only have the 3 pack for 69.99 plus tax. If you would like, I could let you borrow one for the day , just give me a heads up and ill bring the extra ones.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Can't make it this Saturday guys. Have fun.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I recommend the pair on the left....the yellow ones. Those are the same that I have.
http://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?storeId=10302&catalogId=11201&langId=-24&keyword=gmrs

I think one of our members on SCO on FB was saying that he purchased the same radios recently and they were cheaper than what they show. I think he paid something like $42, but that was a couple weeks ago.
Hey Marc,

I went out last night to buy a set of GMRS radios, later to find out they don't support 'private codes' (sub-channels). I'm not sure I'll have the time to make it out tonight to buy another set, do you have one I can borrow for the day?

Adam

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry guys, I don't think I'll be making it anymore. I had a brutal day at the office and things have spilled over onto my Saturday. Enjoy the cruise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here’s an early photo of some of the EastEnders meeting at Timmies this morning.

Although I couldn’t make the cruise was able to run out for 30 minutes to meet with them - great bunch of guys and gals - would have loved breaking bread with them.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Great to put a face to the name Jonathan. Looks like Marc has a styling rival now. Look at you rockin' the red shoe-laces :encouragement:
Couldn't make it today, but hope to meet you soon.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Didn't make it <sigh> , in part because I didn't check to see what's coming up but mostly because I was too busy..........................picking up this little beauty.

140802_0000_v1.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts