Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about oil filters, dose any one use the nappa gold filter? And how dose it compare to the KIA brand filter thanks

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Nappa supposedly offers a quality filter but Nothing (in the eyes of a Kia dealer) compares to the O.E.M. filter.
With a little online research you can probably find the O.E.M. filter for less if you purchase them in quantities of 4 or more.
This subject has been the source or much controversy over the years and you'll get a kaleidoscope of Kia owners weighing in on this subject.
While I personally don't think the O.E.M. filter protects the car any better than a brand name aftermarket filter, I do believe there will be that much less grief should any oil filter related claim come to pass.
If your warranty has gone the way of the dodo then by all means use whatever makes you feel warm & fuzzy.
Again...this is a highly debated, often deliberated and thoroughly castrated subject at this point!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i know it is like asking about the sun rising ? I did not make it the dealer for a filter this time, had a Break in the weather and needed to get the oil changed, the NAPA filter cost more than the Kia filter, I gess Iam stuck with , Motorcraft for My Fords, A/c delco for gm and so on, just a bit paranoid about it this is, my first vehicle that’s not a Ford Or GM do I need to get 200 K or more out of it. ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Napa filters are Wix filters,Very good quality filter.

Reactions: Opinionated

·
Registered
181 Posts
Having just got a '14 Exclaim I was looking online Walmart and local stire had Hundai/Kia filters in stock for $5.97. I bought two and compared to one I got from dealer and they are identical in all respects. Perhaps they could be ordered...I didn't look into that.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
OEM filters are available from Amazon for easy buying (to your doorstep).

I'm thinking of buying a multipak and giving their Amazon Oil a try. It's gotten excellent reviews and test results, similar to Mobil 1 synthetic, but costs less. In 5 qt containers.

I saw the filter socket is about $7.99 at Amazon as well. Free delivery if you have a Prime Account, I think :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
At work we use Napa Gold and Pro Select oil filters everyday of the week. With out any issue what so ever. We also use the air filters and cabin filter from Napa as well Gold and Pro select. On the European autos we use Mann oil filters and cabin filters. When the car is too new and no filter (oil air or cabin )is availabile from Napa we source the part from the dealer .

·
Registered
25 Posts
I prefer to use the Hyundai/Kia filter as originally equipped. Amazon has the 26300-35504 for sale but there is a declaration that it will not fit my 2018 Exclaim. I think they are wrong on this one as that is the filter I see cataloged for it elsewhere. Has anyone else noticed this with Amazon?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts