Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few weeks I've had a very annoying "rattling" noise that simply has gotten on my nerves anytime I don't have the radio on!

I've had two people tell me that the noise seems to be coming from the middle of the dash somewhere. I've emptied the glove box, checked for any loose change I've put in the center console in front of the shift lever. I've tried touching just about anything I can think of from the sunglass holder, visors, the container of the lug nuts, etc.

Well, earlier tonight I FINALLY solved the dad-gum culprit!

It was my GARAGE DOOR OPENER!

I keep it on the visor over the passenger side and, as soon as I touched it while moving along, the noise completely stopped. So, now, instead of having it clipped so that the opener is suspended beneath the visor, I have it so that it's on top [with the visor up] and there is no more annoying rattle whatsoever.

Just thought I'd pass this along for consideration if anyone else is noticing any noise that's seems hard to locate.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
mines on my visor, but its quiet :sneakiness:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I once had annoying noise in my car. it was incessant and loud! I wanted to just jump out of the window. it happened when I stopped and when I turned, changed lanes, or sped up.

I fixed it by getting the wife her own car! No more noises in my car! lalala!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts