Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never ever carry this kind TY-8.8 Bolt before.
But this one found on driver side floor. Looks like my kia soul 2020 falling part now...

Have anyone know where is this bolt belong to? Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Soul ! 2.0gdi
69 Posts
If it is as small as it looks, it is likely either a bolt out of one of the covers under the dash, or possibly from some bracketry under there. Unfortunately it is a very generic bolt that is likely used in many areas in the car. Looks like a 10mm hex head, likely an M6 bolt.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Looks like one of the bolts from the metal cover under your column behind the plastic knee pad. Doesn't look like there is any shine on the edges of the treads on the paint so I'm with Sonic that it was never in anything.

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with 3 pedals!
108 Posts
TY-8.8 is structural grade, high tensile, not a generic bolt.
But bu the look of that bolt, it was never threaded in something. maybe just fell off assembly line.
Weird, if you can figure out the part number, you can figure out where you they were used in the car, and then attempt to verify all is well. However, you may never find its home. Spare bolts on production floor indicates a quality concern.

·
Registered
2020 LX IVT
74 Posts
Weird, if you can figure out the part number, you can figure out where you they were used in the car, and then attempt to verify all is well. However, you may never find its home. Spare bolts on production floor indicates a quality concern.
As do those engine fires and transmission implosions!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
Crickets..............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts