Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a company in Corona CA that is going to use my soul sport for there prototype cold air intake. Im taking it in on Monday and they should be done with it Thursday. The awesome benefit is that after they make it I get one for free. They also dyno my car and there intakes promise 7 to 17 hp for a 2.0 So they will be the first company to have a cold air intake for the soul. When its done ill post pictures. There really nice intakes. There name is Takeda USA or AFE power. There a very reputable company. Check them out. Ill let you know how it feels and sounds :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great news indeed! You should try and hook up a KIASOULFORUMS discount with the company. Maybe get us members 10% off when we mention the forum!!

:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Keep us posted! This is def. something I'd like to get my hands on, if the price/performance ratio is right.

·
Registered
156 Posts
there prices seem a bit high
as with most car parts, you get what you pay for. ive used AFE intakes on a couple of my vehicles and they are very good quality and easy maintainence. sure you can get one cheaper, but it wont last long and maintainence will probably suck..

·
Registered
884 Posts
So there is a company in Corona CA that is going to use my soul sport for there prototype cold air intake. Im taking it in on Monday and they should be done with it Thursday. The awesome benefit is that after they make it I get one for free. They also dyno my car and there intakes promise 7 to 17 hp for a 2.0 So they will be the first company to have a cold air intake for the soul. When its done ill post pictures. There really nice intakes. There name is Takeda USA or AFE power. There a very reputable company. Check them out. Ill let you know how it feels and sounds :)

diamond bar ay?

hello from anaheim!

and thats cool!! free uh?

maybe i should go let them do mine too hahaha :)!

·
Registered
154 Posts
as with most car parts, you get what you pay for. ive used AFE intakes on a couple of my vehicles and they are very good quality and easy maintainence. sure you can get one cheaper, but it wont last long and maintainence will probably suck..
what's makes maintaining a cheaper CAI more difficult than one made by AFE? does this one self-clean and lubricate? :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ever see a CAI where the chrome plating starts to peel off the intake tube? Yuck. Double yuck when you realized how much you 'saved' by buying inferior products. Quality parts from reputable companies are not only less likely to fail, but are more likely to be replaced by said company.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i just got my car back today and it will take about a month to have to production intake made. The dyno was amazing it added 12 hp and 17 pounds of torque!! hell yeah i bet you guys will want it now! I cant wait. Im going to be the first soul owner in the world to have a cold air intake from a actually company. Its a conversion intake so it has the summer pipe too. So i can take it off and bring the filter up when its wet outside =)

·
Registered
31 Posts
The dyno was amazing it added 12 hp and 17 pounds of torque!!QUOTE]

pics or it didn't happen. j/k.
but i would like to see a picture or two of the intake. i should have my soul in a couple of weeks. as long as somalian pirates don't take over the ship carrying the special editions. performance upgrades are alot higher on my list than cosmetic

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i know what you mean. well the finished product wont be for about 4 weeks but i will post pics asap

1 - 17 of 17 Posts