Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got rear ended Tuesday night, Lucky for me it was an undercover police officer driving a city car. I had just made my second payment, 2000 miles!

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Sorry to hear that bad news.....hope you and any passengers are ok.....at least it wasnt a hit and run.....and you were definately not to blame by being rear ended. Hope the insurance and repair work go smoothly.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Got rear ended Tuesday night, Lucky for me it was an undercover police officer driving a city car. I had just made my second payment, 2000 miles!
hope they don't try to blame you. My friend's dad had exact same situation where he was rear-ended by an out of state police. He talked to local cop and said something about sudden stopping in middle of traffic and they wrote him a ticket and told him to fix his own car. He stopped because all the traffic stopped and he couldn't argue. Only choice he had was to hire a lawyer and nobody wanted to take the case. :mad: there are many good cops but some aren't so "good".

·
Registered
114 Posts
haha... well in most states (USA), rear-end is automatic loss...period.

if they hit you in the rear, they are at fault...

any decent lawyer would take it.

my question is: did the soul get totaled from the bump? did the air bags all deploy?

just setting off half the airbags will probably total it in cost : (

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sam Hain;61534 my question is: did the soul get totaled from the bump? did the air bags all deploy? just setting off half the airbags will probably total it in cost : ([/QUOTE said:
Good question, and one I didn't even consider.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are looking at it now, Said the floor in the wheel well buckled a bit , so they have to take it apart to get me an estimate. It should take 2 weeks to fix they say. In the mean time I have am driving a Ford fusion rental . I feel bored just getting into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts