Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to show everyone my current mods. Enjoy!

Current;
Drag dr-19 rims
Crown royal shift boot.
Under dash and under seat led.
Subs with tucked amp and LEDs.
Hood risers.
Cold air intake
New exhaust (deleted resonator, black works straight thru muffler)

To be done:
New rims
Grounding kit
New speakers
New stereo
Nrg steering wheel
Megan racing coilovers.

That's about it so far.

Just wanted to add on; these mods are to my liking and not to please anyone else. They may not be up to everybody's "standards" or style but I love what I've done to my car so far. And somebody made a comment on insurance; I've already double checked with my insurance agent and there is nothing wrong about replacing the steering wheel, I'll still have full coverage on myself, and vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air flow over the motor and a more aggressive look

·
Registered
847 Posts
It looks like your hood is not closing properly. I'm sorry but I don't see any aggression in misaligned body parts. Doing away with the airbag to put on a new steering wheel is rolling the dice with your life or anyone else who may have the misfortune of being behind the wheel during a major accident. These are in no way attacks just honest observations.

Mark

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I know, I meant to put in the first post that these are just to my preferences and not to everyone's liking, everybody has their own style when it comes to cars. I came from the world of Honda tuning to this, so I get a lot of inspiration from the car scene I sent so much time in.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Current;
Drag dr-19 rims
Crown royal shift boot.
Hood risers.
Cold air intake

To be done:
New rims
Grounding kit
New speakers
New stereo
Nrg steering wheel
Megan racing coilovers.

That's about it so far.
Knarly Shift Knob Man...<:))

Knarly
Urban Dictionary: gnarly

·
Registered
231 Posts
What are the hood risers for?
In the old days this was done so the hood could still be used and close to clear the air cleaner after carb. or intake mods raised it enough so the hood would not close, it at the same time let hot air flow out.
These days kids seem to just do it for looks, that engine will never generate that kind of heat to make it a must do app.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
.........if it generated that kind of heat all the plastics under the hood and around the engine would melt :sneakiness:

I would never remove a safety feature from a vehicle just to have "the look", my life is far too important to me and my family. You can just imagine that the insurance company would have a field day if that was discovered that in an accident - no coverage for you bud!

Last time I replaced a steering wheel "for looks" was on a brand new '68 Volvo 142S, but no airbags back then, so it made no difference - but they did have standard 3-point seat belts, way ahead of everyone else.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Current;
Drag dr-19 rims
Crown royal shift boot.
Hood risers.
Cold air intake

To be done:
New rims
Grounding kit
New speakers
New stereo
Nrg steering wheel
Megan racing coilovers.

That's about it so far.
Knarly Shift Knob Man...
Yeah it's pretty junky looking, this weekend I plan on making a wooden shift knob in the same style.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's pretty junky looking, this weekend I plan on making a wooden shift knob in the same style.
I too,, I would buy it now

Says missing image, if the image is relevant. But I'm heading to my grandparents this weekend. Already have the threads to make it fit. And I'll have full access to a lathe, so I'll be making my own.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What type of exhaust and cold air intake?
Custom cold air intake, used parts from different cars. And the exhaust is a blackworks tip with deleted resonator.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Custom cold air intake, used parts from different cars. And the exhaust is a blackworks tip with deleted resonator.
OEM parts from other Hyundai/Kia vehicles?

Do you have a shot of this set-up that I could take a look at. I would like to address the maze that is the OEM intake system.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Do you have a shot of this set-up that I could take a look at. I would like to address the maze that is the OEM intake system.
They're actually parts from a couple older Hondas that we had lying around. I think there's only 3 bolts holding in the oem intake and it just pulls right out, very easy actually. I don't have a picture right this second, I'm off work in roughly an hour and I can post one up for you :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Here's those pictures I promised.
It sits nicely under the headlight, and fits right over the top of the batter and ignition coil. I believe it's just a universal spectre intake with a 90degree angle attached to the intake. It was on my brothers 89 Honda prelude before. It sounds mean and does add some low end power. It's actually pretty noticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like what you did with the Crown Royal bag. Never thought to use it that way. Is it just over the top of the original boot or did you take it out completely and replace it? I had a similar idea with the CAI stuff but my inlet is in the front on my 2012. I read in Import Tuner a while back ago that raising your hood actually lowers your engine bay heat about 10 degrees on most cars and is especially beneficial in traffic if you a SRI on. Any future mods besides just the knob?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts