Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2020 Soul looks great, but Kia's decision to turn it into a collection of disparate trims with few, if any, option packages is frustrating. I thought I'd start a thread where people would list the combination of exterior and interior options they would put together for their ideal 2020 Soul setup.

I'm a straight-forward Soul fan. I like the mid-level trim items with few of the extra bells and whistles... one of which is a premium sound system.

- X-Line exterior/wheels, plus
... - projector headlights
... - heated mirrors (I live where it snows a lot)
... - mirror-mount turn indicators

- EX interior, plus
... - H/K stereo upgrade
... - music-driven door lights (this was the Soul's trademark)
... ^^^ it kills me that these are no longer even options on the mid-level trims

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,478 Posts
I know how you feel 2 Tall. Even my 2014 Base has heated mirrors & front row express up/down windows.

It seemes Kia has de-contented many popular features (don't get me started on the missing drivers grab handle & XM) in favor of driver assistance nannies. Ok, and profits.

I wish they would offer more options or packages too. They need to quit thinking people who drive Souls won't opt for them.

Reactions: xgtline

·
Registered
2012+ 2.0L W/Manual trans.
658 Posts
Sounds like KIA managed to screw up a good thing.
Add in the nanny features that most of the membership here doesn't seem to like and I think I've bought my last SOUL. I really like the size and functionality but there are too many negatives now. The price to value ratio seems to have deteriorated a bit as well.
I'll just keep driving my 2012+ for a while and when it's time I'll move on to another brand.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Sounds like KIA managed to screw up a good thing.
Add in the nanny features that most of the membership here doesn't seem to like and I think I've bought my last SOUL. I really like the size and functionality but there are too many negatives now. The price to value ratio seems to have deteriorated a bit as well.
I'll just keep driving my 2012+ for a while and when it's time I'll move on to another brand.
You are certainly entitled to your valid opinion. I have spent quite a bit of time comparing and going over the 2020 feature list. Other than the radio non option on the cars, the LX MT and AT are almost a one to one with the 2013/2013. The nanny features are non existant on it; the price is relatively still a value. Of course the 1.6 is gone but the 2.0 MPI seems to be adequately meek to meet the needs. The increase in the number of trims seems to be that the options packages available are sufficient to provide a decent line up because essentially, except for the MT, all these trims are the same as before when there were 3 trims and more numerous packages.

Yes, I think that they should have kept the heated mirrors and a few other doodads. The lack of a SiriusXM radio in not zesty either but can be overcome with Android Auto. But the LM AT is still the best value of the line and is probably the next Soul for my money. I personnally can do without the one button windows, but would like the option to get the electric seats but I am used to the manual ones and can make them work for this old wrecked body. Good luck in your search; let us know what you find more interesting like the Nissan Juke or a Honda.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You are certainly entitled to your valid opinion. I have spent quite a bit of time comparing and going over the 2020 feature list. Other than the radio non option on the cars, the LX MT and AT are almost a one to one with the 2013/2013. The nanny features are non existant on it; the price is relatively still a value. Of course the 1.6 is gone but the 2.0 MPI seems to be adequately meek to meet the needs. The increase in the number of trims seems to be that the options packages available are sufficient to provide a decent line up because essentially, except for the MT, all these trims are the same as before when there were 3 trims and more numerous packages.

Yes, I think that they should have kept the heated mirrors and a few other doodads. The lack of a SiriusXM radio in not zesty either but can be overcome with Android Auto. But the LM AT is still the best value of the line and is probably the next Soul for my money. I personnally can do without the one button windows, but would like the option to get the electric seats but I am used to the manual ones and can make them work for this old wrecked body. Good luck in your search; let us know what you find more interesting like the Nissan Juke or a Honda.
I looked at all the others like the Honda HRV Mazda CX3 Nissan KIcks and Nissan Qashqai, And the Kona, none of them floated my boat like the Soul, which is why I made a deal for the GT-line limited to replace my 2016 SX luxury. Just waiting now for it to come in. I like all the bells and whistles.

Pat.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
If it's not too small, the upcoming Hyundai Venue may be a Soul alternative (especially for us MT drivers).

venuein.jpg

vnueout.jpg

Reactions: Shaggy Wierdo

·
Registered
2020 Soul with 3 pedals
11 Posts
A GT Turbo with 6 spd and with all the interior features of the LX mt and no driver nannies would be a great option

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
A GT Turbo with 6 spd and with all the interior features of the LX mt and no driver nannies would be a great option
I like how you're thinking Aydahar! It seems "possible" now that the new Forte comes with 6M turbo. Just pop it in a special edition Soul, maybe with EX trim and tell me where to sign.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
So that's how it is?

Give me that paper, bet your ass I will sign.
Cuz I need a beer and it's ****y squeezing time. :p
You bet yer horns I'll sign it! :devilish:

Reactions: MonsterSoul

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX with 3 pedals!
81 Posts
I am close to my ideal 2020 soul. Dream would be an White LX with Manual Trasmission, Cruise, and keyless entry. What i have is a Black LX with manual transmission and cruise control*. I got a great deal on it, Although I wished I would have waited 2 months... I bet there are some deals to be had right now!
*No cruise or keyless from the factory available on lx manuals. Cruise just requires a switch, switch: 96720-k0100 switch replaced with 96720-k0110 switch.

·
Registered
615 Posts
2020 Soul LX IVT without the safety nannies.

Oh...... wait....... the LX doesn't come with the safety nannies! (In fact, that's why we bought the LX) Never mind, I'm happy.

Love our new Soul. Too bad it's been sitting in the garage - only 200 miles on it the past 2 months, mostly weekly grocery runs for us and 4 older neighbors. Could be a lot worse - my wife and I are both healthy.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I am close to my ideal 2020 soul. Dream would be an White LX with Manual Trasmission, Cruise, and keyless entry. What i have is a Black LX with manual transmission and cruise control*. I got a great deal on it, Although I wished I would have waited 2 months... I bet there are some deals to be had right now!
*No cruise or keyless from the factory available on lx manuals. Cruise just requires a switch, switch: 96720-k0100 switch replaced with 96720-k0110 switch.
You gotta put factory center console in too. It completes the c0ckpit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My ideal EX would have the standard automatic transmission. No IVT. They went back to the 2.0 MPI so that is a good thing. The mood lighting was nice like I had on my 2016 Soul +

·
Registered
2013 Kia Soul +, 2018 Soul 1 Million Edition
780 Posts
My Ideal 2020 Soul Setup Would Be...
Exactly like my 2018 1 Million Edition that I bought new in Sept. of 2018. Wait... I already have all that I need or want in my 2018, so no need in the 2020 for me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well, i believe that I have my ideal 2020 Soul. It’s just an EX Eco. With nothing else. I don't mind, in fact I like, them, i don’t mind the LCA, and like rear accident avoidance feature.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
An "Off Road package" would be nice, with bigger tires, trailer hitch, front Winch, Push Bar. and LED light-bar on the front. Four wheel drive is not really required on this car, but it would be nice anyway, for the once in a while that it would be needed.
The downside? All that would add about ten grand to the sticker price.

I'll just have to keep it on the road, and out of the mud holes.

Cheers Mates!
FLH :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts