Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Solar Yellow Whole Shebang’d Exclaim finally arrived last Monday night, I picked her up on Tuesday evening, and finally signed all the papers last night.
She has all the bells and whistles that Kia could have put on her including one I did not know existed- chrome mirror caps.

Here is a list of everything on her:
  • Sun & Sound Package
  • Whole Shebang Package
  • Carpeted Floor Mats
  • Chrome Mirror Caps
  • Cargo Net
  • Cargo Tray
  • Rear Spoiler
  • Rear Bumper Applique
  • Hood Film
  • Wheel Locks
  • Interior Lighting Kit

I was originally not happy when I read the Chrome Mirror Caps on the invoice when they told me she was on her way last Saturday night. But they really look good on her. There was another Solar Yellow Exclaim with Sun & Sound only without the caps and they definitely enhance her look.

I’m very happy with her. I have found a few things that need to be addressed- mainly with the UVO system. I can’t download more than 114 contacts when the max is 1000. (If your name starts with the letter “L” or after- you are dead to me in my car. :p )

I cannot seem to get the vehicle diagnostics to run on either my UVO app or on the vehicle itself. The menu in the car for UVO eServices only allows you to call for roadside assistance or help on how to link the phone to eServices. My dealer is stumped on both.

I have not named her yet, but I am leaning towards “Rose” as in the “Yellow Rose of Texas”.

Here are a few pics from the 360 Bridge area in Austin, Texas.
2014-01-11 17.23.32.jpg
2014-01-11 17.23.55.jpg
2014-01-11 17.15.48.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Quite a few people are reporting that 114 contacts problem you mention. It seems to be a class problem with all of them, got to get a group roll over to Kia to fix that issue. On the UVO, you realize that the UVO added with the Infinity Package has restricted eServices, don't you? If not, there is a list of things that do not work in that configuration. You can contact JPSTINNE about this issue, I think he has established what does not work.

Other than that, good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Very nice! I agree about the mirror caps....nice touch! :)

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
congrats on your new Soul, that was quite a quick change, only moved up one year, what made you move to the new model, as I presume you wouldn't have a lot of mileage on the 2013 model?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conwelpic- I've been in love with Solar Yellow cars since I owned my Route 66 PT Cruiser. We swapped out our 2012 Rio EX for a 2014 Forte EX with the Premium and EX Technology packages. I do most of the driving as my partner can get lost in a paper bag. I was missing the features on his car whenever driving my Soul.

This one will be my last swap in a few years (not only by my choice, but I think the banks want me to hold on to her a little longer). I only had my 2012 Moss Plus for about five months when I traded it in for the 2013 Alien Green Exclaim. I had 12,402 miles on the 2013.

·
Registered
607 Posts
conwelpic- I've been in love with Solar Yellow cars since I owned my Route 66 PT Cruiser. We swapped out our 2012 Rio EX for a 2014 Forte EX with the Premium and EX Technology packages. I do most of the driving as my partner can get lost in a paper bag. I was missing the features on his car whenever driving my Soul.

This one will be my last swap in a few years (not only by my choice, but I think the banks want me to hold on to her a little longer). I only had my 2012 Moss Plus for about five months when I traded it in for the 2013 Alien Green Exclaim. I had 12,402 miles on the 2013.
So you traded in the '13 for more technology on the '14, correct? Why did you trade the Moss for the Alien? Just wondering 'cuz I've been looking for a '12 Moss and they ain't easy to find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts