Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I took my 2012 soul radio to a audio tech after having issues with it and he told me that i need a new radio, instead of investing $1000+ for the original radio i rather upgrade to a aftermarket radio with GPS etc, my concern is that I want a Radio that is compatible with my stock rear view camera that came with my Soul, please if you upgrade your radio let me know if your stock camera works or if you have any suggestions for a good radio system...

Thanks for all Guys

Mike
cheers from Puerto Rico!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Seems to be a lot of this going around lately. Check out Crutchfield site (Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LED LCD TV, Cameras) for a rash of inexpensive radios. There may be one there that is a direct replacement for a lot less than 1,000 bucks. Or if under warranty (which I assume is over for you), go to the Kia Dealer for replacement.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
2012 - should still be under warranty unless you bought before Feb. 2011....and doubt the 2012 were even being made then.

Did you check the fuse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The radio ia not under warranty because they have 3 years or 36k miles my soul has 2+ years but it has 42K+ miles... I already go to the dealer...

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I only saw on ebay the one of the basic soul not the one with touch screen display and rear view camera...
Go here: Car Selector

I saw a couple that had visual inputs and displays. I tried assuming you had the sub woofer, if that is not true you can change the search parameters. There is also a chat line where someone will help you if you need it. I did not see anything that cost more than 120 dollars although I am sure they are there.

·
Registered
564 Posts
You can buy a reman radio right from kia it's under $100.00. You just need to give them your dead radio as a core. Ask them about it!

well I took my 2012 soul radio to a audio tech after having issues with it and he told me that i need a new radio, instead of investing $1000+ for the original radio i rather upgrade to a aftermarket radio with GPS etc, my concern is that I want a Radio that is compatible with my stock rear view camera that came with my Soul, please if you upgrade your radio let me know if your stock camera works or if you have any suggestions for a good radio system...

Thanks for all Guys

Mike
cheers from Puerto Rico!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts