Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious. i think the soul has the same lug pattern as a mustang. how bad would the offset on the soul be do you think? heck, what is the factory offset?

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Ford Mustang 2005 - on

5 x 114.3..............................Center bore 70.3...................Offset 45...............Mounting: Nut/Lug 1/2

Kia Soul 2009 - on

5 x 114.3..............................Center bore 67.1...................Offset 44...............Mounting: Nut/Lug 1.50

Figures quoted are off the same wheel sizing site, but I double-checked the Mustang lug size elsewhere and it is 1/2 inch. So center bore is the only real major difference. As the Mustang is bigger in diameter you would have to find a wheel shop that can supply hub-centric rings that will fit the Soul hub on the inside and the Mustang wheel on the outside.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LOL - I was just thinking the same thing! My KIA would look so much better with wider rims and tires. What would it take to run a 18x10 in the back like this:

Mustang Deep Dish FR500 Wheel & Nitto Tire Kit - 18x9/10 Black (94-04) - LatemodelRestoration.com

I currently have 18" wheels on my 2010 Kia Soul Sport. I like the look of the car except for the wimpy tires. Call me crazy but I would like to see 285/35/18 tires on the rears. I know the car has very little power but at least it would look 10x better. Is this doable with a little effort? There is plenty of room to the fenders. I think even a 285 would not sit flush with it.

I am also surprised nobody came out with some significant power adders to get these cars past 200 hp.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Only problem with big heavy tires is gearing, HP, and ride. There's a very noticeable improvement switching out the factory 48 pound setup and the aftermarket 38-40 pounds setups on my wife's soul - handling is far more responsive, as is acceleration and braking. I don't think the Mustang wheels are all that light - but they would certainly look good and likely not weigh more than the factory Kia 19" monsters!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Only problem with big heavy tires is gearing, HP, and ride. There's a very noticeable improvement switching out the factory 48 pound setup and the aftermarket 38-40 pounds setups on my wife's soul - handling is far more responsive, as is acceleration and braking. I don't think the Mustang wheels are all that light - but they would certainly look good and likely not weigh more than the factory Kia 19" monsters!
the Soul has never had 19" OEM rims ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
True. The wider tires will look 10 times better but weigh more for sure. The wider rims will be a few pounds heavier as well. I just think the car will look a lot better with wider meats in the back. The body already has an aggressive wide stance from the rear and then it all sits on wimpy tires. The whole effect is wasted. I may have to weight the different wheels and tires to see how they stack up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I quickly shopped some FR500 rims to my Soul to see what it would look like. It is not 100% accurate but gives an idea... if only the car had about 200 hp or so. These rims / tires will weigh a little more than the stockers. Wheel /tire diameters are the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I had just bought new tires for the Soul and was messing around at my brother's house after. We both thought "What would THOSE wheels look like on it?" So, we put these OE 18" wheels from his 97 Cobra on the hatch....

Took these pics and sent to her....she didn't notice. Should have left them on there :/

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I had just bought new tires for the Soul and was messing around at my brother's house after. We both thought "What would THOSE wheels look like on it?" So, we put these OE 18" wheels from his 97 Cobra on the hatch....

Took these pics and sent to her....she didn't notice. Should have left them on there :/

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Cool. How big are the rear tires? 18x35x275? How much did they stick out past the fender? You were able to bolr them on without any adapators?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool. How big are the rear tires? 18x35x275? How much did they stick out past the fender? You were able to bolr them on without any adapators?
They had 245/45 on them. Didn't poke past the wheel well at all - nice and flush. There was no scrubbing at all front or rear. The fit was surprisingly good!

No adapter needed. Bolt pattern is 5x114.3 which is the same as 5x4.5"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts