Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum,

This is my first post but not my first time to the site. I have been reading the website a ton since I purchased my vehicle in June 2011. I never knew I could do so much with a Kia I was dumbfounded after looking at the site with all the great ideas. That had my wife and I thinking on how we could make ours unique!! We were so indecisive that we didn't do anything to our car the first 6 months since we didn't know what to do. We then had seen the billet grille on a fellow Kia and fell in love. So our first purchase was the upper and lower billet grille inserts. Then it finally dawned on us to just black it out. So we used what we have seen on the forums and decided to get all of our lights and reflectors smoked out. From everything we read the tint from the spray paint can was not a good option. We decided to get our lights professionally painted. After a little research we found a guy not too far away that has done 100's of cars and decided to check him out. When we arrived he just finished tinting out a brand new Range Rover and it looked great! 2 hours later he had completely smoked out all of my lights and reflectors. Next came the headaches deciding on what shoes to put on the car. We looked for hours and having a budget made it even harder lol. We finally agreed on another set of 18's so we could use the stock tires and set up the appointment for the next day and couldn't wait to get them on. Then an hour before our appointment we find out they don't have the rims as promised by the website and that they would have to special order them or choose another rim. Ugh! They stated it would be from 4-6 weeks. So finally 6 weeks and 3 days later I have my new kicks for the ride! Here are a few quick pictures from the wifey... We will get better pictures this weekend. Sorry in advance if the pictures don't work as this is my first post.

Please provide any feedback you can think of.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,118 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :)

Very nice Soul! I really like your wheel choice too. Have you had any trouble with the police on your blacked out lights? Here in Texas I'm thinking we would have trouble at inspection time.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I LOVE YOUR BLACKED OUT LIGHTS! Especially the front, i doubt i could get away with that here in TX.

Any problems with tickets?

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk. Pardon errors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As for the lights... Funny you should ask. I have gotten a little more attention from the law but no tickets! Down here in AZ we don't have any inspections luckily. ;0)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
What?? You guys don't have inspections? I thought that was like a nation wide thing lol.

You lucky dog! I bet you guys can get away with much more than we can down here!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
^^ Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

And here i thought that everyone had to suffer like we Texans do, lol.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
^^ Very interesting. Thanks for the info.

And here i thought that everyone had to suffer like we Texans do, lol.

I don't know, vehicle inspections help prevent people from doing rediculus stuff like super bright headlights.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Its a shiny version of a stealth mobile!!....looks stunning, was gonna recommend a black burner grille for it, but the Chrome and the billet snout match the wheels - so keep it as it is. Well done, a lovely addition to the fleet. Enjoy and welcome from the UK.

·
Registered
915 Posts
“And there was a Dark Knight and now he have the Dark Soul"...awesome awesome awesome keep the great job my friend....and by the way here on the island we can use the front blackout lights also, there's no regulation for that...enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you guys for all the feedback! I have more pictures to come. Will try for tonight. Forgot to show you guys what the stereo looks like.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Looks great! NOthing wrong with spray tints! They just require lots of elbow grease, your pro sprayed on your tint. He just used a pro spray gun so less sanding afterwards.
How much do you Texans pay for this annual tax grab, I mean inspection? We only have an emission test every two yrs. after 7 yrs here in Ontario.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Very Nice indeed. Hope you can get away with the tints, with the law.
Looks Awesome.

Question for you regarding your name. What is a hampstar? Is it because Hamster was already taken? Just curious

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Totally wicked looking! Love the rims. Black Souls with Euro style wheels look so classy :cool:

I would love to see a picture showing the billet grilles in a not so bright light. In these pics you can see right through them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts