Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I just bought a 2013 "+" a couple weekends ago, and I'm looking to do a couple of fairly simple mods. So, I'm looking for your help. I've read that at least a few of you use Magnaflow mufflers, and from the videos I've seen/heard, they seem to sound pretty nice. For those of you with Magnaflows, did you go with the round or oval muffler? Does it matter? Seems the round would fit better, but I'm not sure, and wasn't able to pinpoint this through a forum search. Further, has anybody tried the Flowmaster dbx? A little worried that'd make it sound a bit too much like a bumble bee.

Lastly, I'd also like to pick up one of the SSD WAI's. If I could get some reviews/reactions from those of you with it installed, I'd appreciate it. As in, how did MPGs and such change after install? Seems I've seen some conflicting evidence through searching.

Thanks, everybody!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :)

My muffler shop went with the oval muffler and it fit quite nicely in the place of the stock muffler. I don't have the SSD WAI, I have the Takeda CAI. SSD make's fine products but were not available when I made my purchase. With the 2 mods it might have increased the MPG slightly but sounds much better with better throttle response. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Buzz! Definitely looking for the better sound, as well. I know this is going to vary geographically with labor costs, but ballpark, what did the muffler + install set you back? I'd definitely want to stick with the turn down pipe end. Not too keen on cutting into my rear bumper.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
^^^^ If I remember correctly it was about $175, they made a turn down for me too. :)

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using AutoGuide.Com App with Swiftkey 3

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the 2012 2.0 WAI as well and no problems. Makes a nice throaty sound under heavy acceleration.

·
Registered
183 Posts
In my research, and experience, a WAI can yield a power benefit, but generally does not produce any improvement in fuel economy. My fuel economy went down a small amount. The authoritative growl and extra power, however, add to the driving fun, IMHO. I added a cold air intake to mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts