Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
8,874 Posts
The annoying thing is someone will eventually buy it over MSRP.
They're counting on it. It's going to be tough buying a car for the next couple of years, at least.

Reactions: rhysoul

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I went to another KIA dealer to actually drive a 2023 GT Line (without Tech Pkg) and this is what they came up with: View attachment 140507
$7k market adjustment and a $4k “desert” package, whatever that is. These criminals should be in jail.

·
Registered
490 Posts
There's a new Kia dealership that just opened up in Clermont, Fl. It actually looks like something out of the year 3000! Very cold looking not welcoming at all, though the garage area looks very clean and has air conditioning for the mechanics! Very few new cars on the lot, can't imagen what the added Market Adjustment fee would be?

·
Registered
Former owner 2016 Kia Soul + Clear White 2.0 L GDI
590 Posts
Dealers don't care. Some moron will come along and buy it. If the car market ever gets back to normal there's going to be lots of buyers waaaaay upside down on loans. :(
No worries at all. Those same folks who will be completely underwater in their loans can appeal to the masterminds in DC and rally for loan forgiveness. Seems very silly to have taxpayers/responsible adults who make prudent financial choices and live within their means underwrite the foolish choices of those with little insight/self control.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
whatever the market will bear”, this is price gouging. And it should be illegal. "

I'm sure it is, somewhere in the world, but not here....unfortunately. Almost anything you agree to by signing your name will hold up in court. Judge Judy would probably tell you that.

It all comes down to..."unless you just desperately need one", and I can personally relate to that.
I found myself 30 miles from home, at a KIA Dealer who had the exact car I wanted and needed, and my totaled KIA Soul, illegal to drive with the rear end caved in, was sitting in their back lot (rent free).
Yes I drove my car there, with the back end caved in, but I just thank God that no cop saw me.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

The damage went as far forward as the drivers side door, which had to be pried open by a fireman at the collision site.
Once relocated by a pry-bar, it opened and closed normally. The car ran and drove just fine. I drove it home 8 miles, from the accident site. I covered all the new openings in and around the hatch, with Gorilla Tape, to keep water out.
Even the fuel door, opened normally. ???
But with all the left rear lights smashed, it was illegal to drive.

So I signed all the papers they put in front of me, and drove home in a like-new 2020 Soul LX. I call her Jem II, and she's been a real Jewel. She was a little bit sleepy at first, having been driven only by an elderly couple, but I soon woke her up. Today, she's an all together different car, than she was that first day that I drove her home. She's Faster, more responsive and with better MPG. You might say that now she's just now getting broken in.
My dealer was nice enough to install the two sizes wider tires/wheels/ off of Jem I onto Jem II, for free.
Now she really feels like MY car. :giggle:
That Christmas Eve day started out as "Mission Impossible" and ended up, "Mission Accomplished".

MSRP never entered into that transaction. I wish it had!

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today was the first day that I went to a dealership. I was looking at two EXs that the dealer had and they were marking them up $4k. Has anyone purchased at or below MSRP on a 2023? I'm not in a hurry for a vehicle so I told the guy I can wait it out.
We just bought a 2023 Surf Blue EX for $22,500 I believe MSRP is in the 24k range. There are some dealers out there that are willing. Don't know what state you are in but if willing to take a trip Horne Kia in AZ is good to deal with.

·
Registered
2022 LX with Tech Package
112 Posts
We just bought a 2023 Surf Blue EX for $22,500 I believe MSRP is in the 24k range. There are some dealers out there that are willing. Don't know what state you are in but if willing to take a trip Horne Kia in AZ is good to deal with.
Did you have to buy anything in addition to the car? I see they have discounted almost all the vehicles on their website (at least 1%).

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Recently, I took a test drive in a really nice 2023 Soul LX, and the sticker price was $33k!!!
I would have liked to drive it home....because it was really a nice car. But the price was just all wrong!

But, if I should win the lottery, I'd have that car, or one like it, in a heartbeat. And, I'd pay off my car and give it to a friend in need.

The dealers are really sockin' it to us on the prices, these days.

:cool:
sure hope u don't need to change the oil every 3K miles for that price!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts