Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 KIA Soul + model with the advanced audio/GPS system. I am trying to figure out what tags the audio player reads on my MP3 files. I tagged a bunch of files with full ID3, version 2 tags, but the display only shows the filename and lists album, artist, and song title as "unknown."

What do I need to populate in the MP3 file to get these data on the display?

ADDENDUM TO ORIGINAL NOTE:
I have found that populating the MP3 tags with ID3 Version 1 tags brings up the information, although I am still not able to figure out how to get the album graphics to appear on the KIA display. It seems ID3 version 1 doesn't have a slot for graphics. Version 2 does, but the KIA doesn't pick it up.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hi
Try downloading some free mp3 files from NilsLofgren.com. Some do show images of album cover some do not so just the musical note, so maybe you can figure it out.

BTW for all you New York Yankee Fans, the local Nils hit, "Yankee Stadium" is available for free download. (for those who on on the Yankees social media sites, sure they would be interested.

Nils Lofgren Music Downloads there are about 13 free mp3s plus some videos.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I use dbPowerAmp and it works on my version of the UVO, the Microsoft Windows CE based one in the 2012 and 2013 Souls.

dBpoweramp: mp3 Converter, CD Ripper, FLAC, Apple Lossless, WAV, AAC, AIFF. Fix album art, Asset UPnP Server

You can try it out for 30 days to see if it fits your needs. It does get the MP3 tags right and the album art right.

Personally, I really like this software, I ripped my entire collection (~200 CD's and counting)to FLAC for a good lossless digital copy. Then when I need to copy the music on to various players such as the UVO, I batch convert the songs with dbPowerAmp Converter into what ever the player needs.

Previously, I had ripped all my music into WMA Pro 9 which is good quality, but I later learnt the hard way, it's not universally supported, IE Amazon Kindle Fire will not play WMA files even though it's based on Android. So lesson learnt, that is why I ripped all my music to FLAC and now convert when needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Dmwagner

I've been trying to solve the album art problem also. Looked at the dBpoweramp product and it looks like a great set of tools. I downloaded the trial and I'm going to give it a spin. Thanks for the recommendation!! Windows Media Player has been just too frustrating.

·
Registered
2014 SOUL " ! " Owned since New
2,042 Posts
Hi Dmwagner

I've been trying to solve the album art problem also. Looked at the dBpoweramp product and it looks like a great set of tools. I downloaded the trial and I'm going to give it a spin. Thanks for the recommendation!! Windows Media Player has been just too frustrating.
Vary Nice...<:))

dBpoweramp
How To Convert Music FLAC to MP3 & ART Tutorial
How To Convert Music FLAC to MP3 Tutorial - YouTube

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts
Not to just dredge up an old thread, but keeping it really simple worked for me.

I made sure to use one of the "approved" usb sticks listed in the Owners Manual. In iTunes, I simply right-clicked the various tracks and selected "create MP3 version" from the list. Although the MP3 files created had weird track numbers added (which I removed), album art was present when played on the Soul's system. Filling the usb was simply a matter of dragging-and-dropping the MP3 files. Hope this helps...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts