Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many ride motorcycles? I have a 2015 Victory Cross Country and a 2006 Triumph Rocket 3, my wife has a 2012 Can-Am Spyder RT.

I had the Victory dyno tuned a couple years ago and today I'm getting the Rocket tuned. The Vic pulled 118hp 116tq, that's very good for a 106 inch air cooled V-Twin. I made my mufflers and added intake and cams to it. I did 100% of the work except for the dyno tune. I've added the tune sheet to this post for the Victory.

Today the Rocket is getting tuned, 140 inch 2.3L water cooled triple. Again I made the mufflers, added the intake. I didn't do cams on this bike that's a huge job to do where as the Vic was super easy. I'll post the tune results tonight.

The mufflers for both bikes I simply gutted the OEM cans and welded in after market baffles wrapped in course stainless steel wool. This part was the most labor intensive, those OEM baffles don't like to come out without a fight.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I rode for almost 40 years, starting in college. Had about 10 different bikes along the way, and totaled about 250K-300K miles. Favorite bikes included Kawasaki Concours, Honda Nighthawk 750, Suzuki V-Strom 1000, and (believe it or not, one of the most fun) a Suzuki 650 Burgman Touring Scooter.

Never had an accident - not even a scrape or bruise. I had to hang up the helmet 4 years ago due to some occasional balance/dizziness issues. Got back into long distance running, and I've been hit by cars twice now - both ran stop signs. You tell me which is the safer sport - riding or running? LOL

My website: www.RidingWV.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2006 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic.

Here it is 140hp 154tq runs much smoother and the power is now everywhere. He said the low rpm was lean and high rpm was rich. Overall it's a much more responsive, better running bike.

I'm 57 and my first motorized two wheeler was a Montgomery Wards mini bike, I was eight and have had motorcycles
since.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Never had an accident - not even a scrape or bruise.
That's amazing. I dropped my first bike at least 2 or 3 times. Never got hurt beyond bruises.
Worst I ever did, broke my thumb, but I was able to pick it up and ride home anyway.
Next day the Doc took one look at X ray, and said, surgery.

I figure if you can pick it up and ride away, it was not that bad.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had a 1978 KZ750, 1979 Harley Shovelhead, 2004 Harley Softail Standard, 2009 Harley Ultra Classic, 2007 Victory Vegas, 2015 Victory Cross Country, 2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650, 2006 Triumph Rocket. My wife has a 2012 Can-Am Spyder.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had 3 for a long time, but the last couple years am at just 1. Got tired of maintaining them all. A '98 VFR800, '03 Tuono, and '07 Touno most recently. Today changed the Monster battery. I'll assume they put it down there behind the front sprocket for a lower center of gravity. Removing the battery via a trap door on the bottom of the bike was weird, and a pita.

:LOL:

You have 3 bikes.jpg

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I started riding, on a Harley topper, back in 1960.
I toured Europe in 1964 on a 1951 BMW 500 boxer twin (restored).
Had five more BMW's and several other brands till 1988 when I sold my last bike, a Honda 650 Nighthawk, and moved to FL. Haven't had a bike since then, and today they are just too expensive for me.
There are many bike clubs here in FL and every time I see one of those groups out on the highway, I really long to ride on just two wheels again. Maybe in my next lifetime.

Drive safely!
FLH :cool:

My 1951, BMW, R51/3, parked on the beach at the French Riviera, summer 1964.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sold the 98 VFR and the 07 Tuono before I got the Monster.
The 03 Tuono here, got sold after I had the Monster a while.
The market for these things is thin. I love them. :D

100_3317.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts