Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have had this idea of doing a motor swap in my soul to one with more power maybe a 2jz or a sr20 or maybe a v6 but i dont know if they would fit in the bay on top of fwd has any one given any thought to this or have any thoughts i have done motor swaps before but i did them in older trucks and ive done a v8 s10 conversion

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
so i have had this idea of doing a motor swap in my soul to one with more power maybe a 2jz or a sr20 or maybe a v6 but i dont know if they would fit in the bay on top of fwd has any one given any thought to this or have any thoughts i have done motor swaps before but i did them in older trucks and ive done a v8 s10 conversion
You have got to be kidding! A v6 swap in a soul? A little different than dropping a V8 into an S10. A whole different ballgame.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not really you are adding a motor that has an extra 2 cylinders of course you would have to up grade alot of things for it to work

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm sorry, but you're NEVER going to fit a V6 FWD drivetrain into the soul as is, let alone the straight 6 of a 2JZ or ANY KIND of RWD setup. The SR20 is the only thing that MIGHT fit.

Doing a V8 swap into an S10, a RWD vehicle with a HUGE engine bay is VERY different than shoving anything but a FWD 4cyl drivetrain into the Soul.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I'm sorry, but you're NEVER going to fit a V6 FWD drivetrain into the soul as is, let alone the straight 6 of a 2JZ or ANY KIND of RWD setup. The SR20 is the only thing that MIGHT fit.

Doing a V8 swap into an S10, a RWD vehicle with a HUGE engine bay is VERY different than shoving anything but a FWD 4cyl drivetrain into the Soul.
Right on.

You could in most cases bolt up a smallblock Chevy right to the transmission that the V6 had already. You aren't going to pull that off with a FWD. Factoring in the transaxle swap he will have probabaly un-overcomable complications with the half shaft lengths let alone just having the room to fit it all under the hood.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I would strip the Soul of it's drive train and suspension and bolt/attach it to a ford ranger frame and call it a day with a total custom conversion. It would be much easier than trying to shove anything other than what it has already under the hood.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Dreaming can't be impossible. Someone will eat the bug of more power squeeze on the Soul and do a RWD setup like the V8 on the Ford Focus.

....... did I just said that? RWD setup on a Soul? (ummmmmmm)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dreaming can't be impossible. Someone will eat the bug of more power squeeze on the Soul and do a RWD setup like the V8 on the Ford Focus.

....... did I just said that? RWD setup on a Soul? (ummmmmmm)
You mean the V8 Focus that requires you to gut everything out of a standard Focus to fit the new parts in, thus making it nothing but a shell?

I'm doing work to my Soul, but I wouldn't even consider doing a RWD swap on this car, the chassis just isn't stable enough.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its just a thought ive been throwing around the soul just needs more power but a rwd soul would be amazing

·
Registered
355 Posts
its just a thought ive been throwing around the soul just needs more power but a rwd soul would be amazing
Let the RWD idea go. Without building a custom frame, it isn't going to happen with a Soul. You're better off spending your brain power working out how to boost the Soul most effectively...like I am.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have put thought in to a turbo the 2.0 has high compression so re build the top end and while your at it port and polish the head upgrade the injectors then its just a matter of mounting (may involve cutting) running lines and dyno tune it

·
Registered
456 Posts
Was talking to the service manager here in Tucson....he came back from Korea he said he saw the prototype of an all wheel drive Soul based on 2010-12 body type. 2.0L Turbo from a different Kia (don't remember which one). Kia is trying to make a way for it to work feasibly perhaps for 2013 or 2014.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Was talking to the service manager here in Tucson....he came back from Korea he said he saw the prototype of an all wheel drive Soul based on 2010-12 body type. 2.0L Turbo from a different Kia (don't remember which one). Kia is trying to make a way for it to work feasibly perhaps for 2013 or 2014.
1) The body types are 2010-2011 and 2012-2013.
2) The car is the Trakster CONCEPT car. Probably never see the streets, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts