·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered and they want feed back.
TheProduct 13/13

X3 Performance Chip with O2 Sensor Control
$204.99

X3 is a revolutionary fully adjustable, programmed performance control unit. The X3 was designed individually for each specific vehicle. This means that you will recieve a X3 unit that is custom-made for your application to deliver the highest output possible. Our unique X3 chip will increase power by up to 20% or 50 horsepower. Statisfaction Guaranteed!

This is awsom

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does this void warranty???

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive called my nephew he has some where I can go go to dyno it . I'm just waiting for a time from him . It does not void the warrenty. The chip company said with my exhaust and soon to be cold airintake I will be very happy . Can't wait
Have a great weekend all. Happy driving

·
Registered
845 Posts
hey guys ummm.. you just paid 200 bucks for a glorified resistor

those bypass the intake air temparature sensor in the intake also known as the iat sensor it lets your obdII computer in the car know the temparature of the incoming intake charge this "resistor" makes your car think its actually colder out since cold air is denser you need more fuel to keep stoich so the computer lengthens the pulsewidth of the injectors thereby creating a slightly richer air/fuel mixture you will see approx 1-2 hp @ peak and a noticable decrease in fuel economy

btw you can't feel 1-2 horspower its all placebo effect they've been selling these for a long time for other cars and they always sucker someone into buying it

no offense im not trying to be an ass or anything but i have a lot of experience with cars and motorcycles alike just want you to be informed if you truly want more HP you can use that $ to buy some nitrous a small nitrous system 50-65 hp will blow you away and im not talking about some fast and the furious bs im talking real fun and you can get your 10lb bottle filled for about 40$ you'll thank me just remember nitrous is fun until you over do it so keep it to around 50-65 hp shot and you'l be fine sorry for the puncuation or lack there of

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some people say NOS sucks, some people say its awesome. I say its freaking insanly awesome. however, I'm not to sure how my little 2.0 will take it, so im going with the safeshot from zex its like just a 15-30 shot. and incredible easy to install. and if you ever want to upgrade to something with a little more kick they made upgrade kits for real cheap, i wouldn't ever dare buy some sensor crap or whatever they are trying to sell.

And remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it is!

·
Registered
845 Posts
its fast and the furious noobs who don't know squat about motors or cars or the internal combustion engine to know why nitrous is safe or can be dangerous they think they hit a button and they go to ludicrous speed (when in fact you go plaid lol) i have ran a 175 wet shot on a 2000 cavalier that i had it held up fine i started out @ 65 shot dry ran over 100 bottles through that motor not one problem.... i can tell you however cavalier 2.0 motors do not like 24 psi of boost and a 175 shot ( they tend to regurgatate connecting rods lol)

nitrous will always be the most power for the least money

just for the record
NOS = nitrous oxide systems, a company
nitrous=a non flammable oxidizer

we cant run companies through our engines lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
NOS also = New Old Stock or New Original Stock
For those of us that are into restoring collector cars and looking for original NEW replacement parts. :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Mike

I have to agree with nitrosportman....it is basically a glorified resistor....I believe it merely changes the timing curves and fuel uptake?...causing the vehicle to burn much more fuel for very little gains...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They gave it to me for only $79.99 I've talked to two mechanics, one who's been a mechanic for 30 years. He says that I should see some deff changes, with this perticular model. If not then I guess he is wrong, and i'm out $79.99; no big deal to me. And If I want I will send it back. We all never stop learning things DO WE !

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
yeah you'll def see some hp gains but more noticable will be the decrease in gas milage that will be unproportional to the amount of hp gained and 1-2 hp is really unimportant on the streets and you can gain more hp just by modifying the intake tract or exhaust tract even a k&n airfilter will give you more hp and cost's less

1 - 15 of 15 Posts