Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

More Paint problems :-(

22K views 63 replies 32 participants last post by  99_XC600 
#1 ·
I bought a new Soul in January in Tomato Red ! The chips on the hood are really bad - but yesterday I noticed that the paint is coming off on the area around the back wheel arch... I brought it to the dealership today and they took some photos and said they will get onto Kia & see what they can do... The service guy did mention that most other Kia's have this prob but that the manufacturers have improvised and 'taped' the area and while there is a small 'taped' section on the Soul - it's not large enough to cover the effected area. Has anyone had this problem ? I love my Soul but I'm really worried that these chips etc are going to cause major probs for me :(Also does anyone know if I can get a hood reflector in Ireland ?

#4 ·
paint chips

I have the same problem. The kickup is from the front tires. The factory mudguards do nothing to protect the side panels. I installed long mud guards over my factory ones. They were 10.99 for two. I put them very low because the rear of this car arches out and catches the sand that the front tires are throwing. It is a poor design. i posted some pics.

http://img528.imageshack.us/g/mudflaps3001.jpg/

#6 ·
well im not sure about other countries or what others have available to them, but here their is no black available around here, its shadow.

shadow seems to be mostly black, with metallic, and a slight burgundy hue to it when ya look at it from an angle... sorta.

#8 ·
I too have the red. Most of my paint issues are on the hood but I've noticed chips on the front fenders too. I called Kia last week. After a few days they called me back and told me to take it to the local dealer and have it photographed so they can decide if this is "normal wear" or a paint defect. I'll report after I hear more.

#10 ·
i have a red soul with all the problems you guys are having i took it to kia and took pictures of it came back to me couple weeks later and told me that the wearing on the paint was inconsistent with paint warrarty and told me im on my own with it so now im stuck with a 8 month old car that looks likes it 5 to 6 years old ILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER KIA PRODUCT AGAIN!!once i get enough money save up get the car repainted in those areas and get rid of it!!:mad::mad:

#11 ·
red show us a picture

It would be under 3 year 36 month warranty! Dont let them tell you it's not. Hire a lawyer maybe you qualify for lemon law. Today's paints are water base base and only the top coat i belive is urethane. My toyotas paint nicked easy in front as well.

#12 ·
I have 3100 miles on my Molten produced in Oct. 2009 and yet have no paint chips or other paint issues. However, I am in Florida and the roads here are very clean - no salt, gravel, or sand. I still plan on putting the KIA hood shield on it anyway.

#16 ·
Paint Problems

Hey Guys just to let you know Kia have agreed to paint the wheel arches but I'm going to press them on the hood & doors. The dealer had taken pics & said Kia wanted to inspect the car but then they phd me & just said they'd do it... I'll keep you posted...

#19 ·
Had an Xpel clear bra installed last week after my detailer buddy touched up all the chips.Looks awesoome! No chips and look brand new.He did the whole front end,mirrowrs and the whole rocker form the body moduling down,from wheel well to wheel well! The best thing is it blends in so good on the red you can hardly tell its on.I guess I could have gone to the dealer and started a mess,but did that once before.Chevy fixed it ,but paint didn't match!! If I knew about this I would have had this done the day I got it! Next car will be done before I drive it off the lot!

#23 ·
I want to get ahead of this paint issue and am calling around to see how much it would cost here (Albuquerque and Santa Fe) to put the clear bra on the hood, back of mirrors, and the bumper. I'm getting in the $450-$425 range. That hurts. Has anyone here done it themselves? And, if so, where did you get the material and how much did it cost? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.