Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those who doubted the dual exhaust couldn't be done, here is proof that it can be done. I have a Borla exhaust with the split pipes. I also have modified the car with a chip from a company in Germany called Powerchip. It was given to me for free to test on my car. I am going to put the car on the Dyno next week as part of our agreement to determine exactly how much more BHP it has given me. They claim 50 more at level 7. I can tell you though, there is a major difference in the power. The car is definitely much faster thorough out the entire power band. Top speed is...well let's put it it this way, speedometer stops at 140mph and I buried it with plenty of room to go. I have a cold air intake coming from AEM and I plan on installing a boost gauge and having my local speed shop fine tune the car once I have it on the Dyno. I also purchased some Spec 1 SP2 wheels which are nearly impossible to find and I am putting on 245 40 18 Federal tires. I need tires that stick, not spin all day long. LOL. I also bought drilled and slotted brakes front and rear. Lastly, after tons of research, I found some lowering sprigs from a company called Storm in Korea. I plan on getting those soon. I can't find any splitters for the car yet. I want a front spoiler and side skirts, but I don't think there's a company that makes them for the turbo yet. The body is different than the base and the plus which have numerous ones available. So, if anyone or there knows of a company that makes these for a turbo, please let me know. I will be posting pictures of the car as I continue to build it. I will also post the Dyno results next week for all those unbelievers who don't think the car can actually produce more BHP.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry, the name of the company for the chip is not Powerchip, it is Race chip, and there is a mobile app for this where you can control the levels of power. You can have economy, where there are 5 levels to course from, you get better responsiveness with increased gas milage, there is sport mode with 6 levels. This gives you more spirited driving experience, them there is straight out race mode, where there is 7 levels. You can control all of this with the app, if you purchase this option. This system is plug and play. It will not void warranties or show codes on your ECU if you have to take the car in, because it doesn't modify it. Here is a picture of the system. https://www.racechip.us/shop/kia/soul-ps-from-2014/1-6-tgdi-1591ccm-201hp-150kw-195lb-ft.html. This is the link. The only way to contact them is through email. Please ask for Austin if you are interested in this product. He is extremely helpful and very knowledgeable on this product. Let him know that you were referred by me, Stefano Leardini. Thanks guys. I hope this helps and you folks looking for mods on your turbo soul.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am SO glad you ran the exhaust like that, I had started accumulating the parts to do the same on my 14! s few years back, but traded to an optima sxl before I got that far with that mod. It looks great!

I'm curious about the tuning module. I have an Uncle Chip from my optima sxl that I plan on putting in my GT-Line Turbo. They recommend changing plugs and adding at least one catch can, if not 2 (intake and exhaust sides). Does Race Chip have the same requirements? The price is not bad, about 75% of what my Uncle Chip went for new.

As far as body kits, look at the Red Line body kit that was from the factory, or there is/was (it's been 3 years since I looked) a Korean company called Tuon that had some really nice pieces.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Welcome to the site! Really looking forward to your dyno plots before/after and video of the exhaust in action. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts