·
Registered
2020 GT-White
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Great, but our Souls don't require it and KIA does not recommend it.
My own dealer uses "Castrol GTX, 5W20". Perfect oil for my KIA Soul.
Cheers Mate
:cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just about all oil is synthetic blend these days. Full synthetic is just fine for the car and doesn’t cost much more than the synthetic blends. It’s not the 1960s anymore.

Also, this picture is from a 2022 Kia Soul owners manual. They now require full synthetic.

Notice the grade also changed. 0w-20 (for the 2.0) instead of 5w20 and no higher grade options like they used to have for warmer climates. They renamed the Nu engine family to SmartStream so I wonder if there are any changes to the engine that account for the thinner oil. 🤔

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
2020 GT-White
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it for my other cars. I had my last free oil change at Kia..So I will be doing myself from here on out. I WILL be using synthetic. I'm old, but not demented. Anyone who thinks Dino oil is better has been under a rock for a long long time

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great, but our Souls don't require it and KIA does not recommend it.
My own dealer uses "Castrol GTX, 5W20". Perfect oil for my KIA Soul.
Cheers Mate
:cool:
yinthic
I have a 2020 Soul LX living in the U.S.A. there's a sticker on my engine cover that said to use Quartz Fully Synthetic motor oil. I don't use Quartz, but do use a fully synthetic motor oil Walmart brand 5-30w. You really can't do anything better than using full synthetic, though I've added prolong recently to the oil. Kia Soul EX / LX / S / X-Line 2.0L 2020, Quartz 9000 Future SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Liters (5.28 Quarts) by Total®. This product is made of high-quality components to meet and exceed strict quality requirements.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mobil-1 EP 5w30 is the only Mobil-1 that I would recommend, for our S. Korean four cylinder TGDI / GDI engines. If your manual calls for 0w/20/30 oils, use 0w30 for better protection and longer engine life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts