Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul !
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’m not sure if the code is still the same but the issues have gotten better after multiple changes. I have a Micro Mechanic I keep attached to my code reader. My car is a 2012 2.0 Liter. My reader is showing it’s a misfire in Cylinder 1. I have changed out a corroded cylinder 1 coil, changed the spark plug, changed the air filter, changed the vacuum hose closest to cylinder 1. I’ve even changed out the PCV valve. On top of all this, I have run multiple brands of fuel injector cleaners through. I’ve tried Lucas (the white bottle and clear) and now Gumout.

The problem over all is that my car will misfire during idle (not always) and will have issues with acceleration and will jump and sometimes dog while trying to accelerate. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2010, Kia Soul +, 5-spd
54 Posts
I would suggest having a compression test done on that cylinder. That could be something fouling out the plug.

Reactions: dwchapmanjr

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has been having the same issue. It usually happens after not driving it for more than 3 days every once in a while. It idles rough when you start it and check engine light comes on. You turn it off and turn it back on again and it no longer idles rough. At this point after the repairs tried on it i am guessing it is a defect all Soul engines have for that year.
The saving grace is that fuel reimbursement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts