Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I was in New York recently & only spotted one Soul on the roads, a deep, grey-green colour, with Jersey plates. I've never seen that colour anywhere on the Soul sites or on the roads here in Canada & it didnt look like a typical Soul colour.

Have I just not been paying attention? Does that (non-Alien!!) green exist in the Soul universe ?

·
Registered
690 Posts
So I was in New York recently & only spotted one Soul on the roads, a deep, grey-green colour, with Jersey plates. I've never seen that colour anywhere on the Soul sites or on the roads here in Canada & it didnt look like a typical Soul colour.

Have I just not been paying attention? Does that (non-Alien!!) green exist in the Soul universe ?
i wonder if had mistaken xB for Soul. xB has green called "Army Rock" that is like "military" green and its really nice. I would love to see future Soul with highland green or BRG as special edition.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wonder if had mistaken xB for Soul. xB has green called "Army Rock" that is like "military" green and its really nice. I would love to see future Soul with highland green or BRG as special edition.

Yikes!
Mistaking a Scion for a Soul!! Could I have really done that? Isnt that an indictable offense on this forum?
I sure hope someone from Jersey writes in to say he had his Soul painted this colour, along with a few other Soul owners he knows, & I must have seen one of them....

·
Registered
67 Posts
If it really was a Soul, it might have been the new for '12 Moss Green. While I have not seen this color anywhere yet, it sounds like maybe it could be that type of color. Just a thought...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yikes!
Mistaking a Scion for a Soul!! Could I have really done that? Isnt that an indictable offense on this forum?
I sure hope someone from Jersey writes in to say he had his Soul painted this colour, along with a few other Soul owners he knows, & I must have seen one of them....
LOL; xB actually is a good looking box except for overly done front bumper. everything seems so cheap inside and the annoying center stacked dashboard. It will be offensive if someone mistakens Cube for Soul :D

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I also heard there was another shade of green coming out. I don't know why they would do that. They should have picked another completely different colour.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My "Moonlight Blue" most of the time looks Green, in fact most of my friends think it is green, like a lagoon green !

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Was it like this colour:

This is what they call the Moss colour..new for 2012 Souls.
Looks more like a deeper shade of Titanium to me but you can see the green tint in it:

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Yup. they call it Moss.
Mind you it's just a rendition of the Moss colour as found on the Korean KIA Site. In the real world, it may look totally different and probably the colour that the OP saw.
The 2012 Soul are already out at some Rental agencies in the U.S.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yup. they call it Moss.
Mind you it's just a rendition of the Moss colour as found on the Korean KIA Site. In the real world, it may look totally different and probably the colour that the OP saw.

Yeah, i have a friend that told me he rented a soul and wen he seen me pull up inn mine he was boasting how he loved driving it .

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,168 Posts
Yup. they call it Moss.

from what I've read, that info turned out to be false as the 2012 Soul are not yet in production unless they started in June (the June production figures have not yet been released). From production to dealer is generally takes 2 months.

·
Registered
15,168 Posts
Well there are a couple posters on these forums that stated they have actually seen some 2012 Souls at their Local Car Rental Agencies.

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/112032-post14.html
that's the same guy that back-tracked when he posted on another forum as (nobody believed him) someone asked for photos and when he double-checked it turns out they were 2011 models. There was a lot shipped during the last month or so.
In order to be at car rental places, they would have had to be built back in late March or early April - just not feasible. The vehicle wasn't even official announced till April 22nd at the NY auto show - just doing the math :) Also if they were available for rental places why wouldn't the dealers have any, doesn't make a lot of sense. Based on production figures to the end of May does not indicate they have been built at that point.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Those reports on the kmcir site are not model year specific. I know there are 2012s in the states, but I am wrong. Just ask anybody on the forum. Whatever, naysayers. Rental agencies had 2011 Sedonas almost 3 months before they went on sale to the general public. I saw 2 2011 Sedonas in June 2010. In California on CA-37 just north of SF, and also on I-90 in central Washington. They didn't arrive to dealers until September. You want to see a 2012 Soul, I'm telling you...go to a US National Park (rental cars make up about 99% of the traffic), or a large airport. Everyone tells me I'm crazy, but no one has been to a big airport rental agency.

·
Registered
15,168 Posts
Was it like this colour:

This is what they call the Moss colour..new for 2012 Souls.
Looks more like a deeper shade of Titanium to me but you can see the green tint in it:

are you sure Marc, I would think this one looks more like what I would consider a Moss colour.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts