Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello can anyone tell me what the numbers are at the top of my speedometer beside the little gas pump ? And an they be reset?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
That's the correct answer!
Just for grins, I tried to find that in the Users Manual, but I couldn't.
It seems like there are many things on these cars, that is just FM (freakin' Magic) lol
:cool:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
For about $100K, you can get a dumb one restored! I watch that happen, on the Motor Trend channel, every day.
My dream is to get a fully restored, 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado. (FWD)

This, was my car, way back when.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
And correct you are, Sir!
It was a very special car indeed. The engine was special,,,,, built for Power and Speed.
Under that Long hood, was a real power house.
I took her to the drag strip one day, and they weighed just the front axle, and it weighed 3600 pounds.
That's more than my KIA Soul weighs!

And in later years, I also had a 1976 Toro, and then a 1977 Toro, XS Brougham. In today's money, that '77 would be an $80,000 car. It was truly a Road Yacht. Of course, I bought it used. lol It loved 100-105 octane gas, and would ping like an old diesel on anything less.

Ah, the memories!

Cheers Mates
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
155 Posts
For about $100K, you can get a dumb one restored! I watch that happen, on the Motor Trend channel, every day.
View attachment 136776

Well, we can agree on this. I'd also love to have an Olds Toronado. One of my favorite oldies.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I know there is an OLD Car club in The Villages. I've been to one of their car shows. But I don't remember ever seeing a Toronado. That would stick in my mind, like Gorilla Glue.

It's kind of a shame, if that's all we can agree on. I'd really like to meet you at Cody's, Lake Sumpter Landing, for lunch some day. I get down there several times a month. It's a bit of a drive for me, but Jem doesn't mind, so....away we go!
Come Dec 1, 2021, we'll have a Cody's near here, by the entrance to "Top O The World" on SR200, SW of Ocala.
Then I'll be only seven miles from Lunch at Cody's. :D

Cheers Mate!

·
Registered
2020 White EX Soul With Designer Package
155 Posts
I know there is an OLD Car club in The Villages. I've been to one of their car shows. But I don't remember ever seeing a Toronado. That would stick in my mind, like Gorilla Glue.

It's kind of a shame, if that's all we can agree on. I'd really like to meet you at Cody's, Lake Sumpter Landing, for lunch some day. I get down there several times a month. It's a bit of a drive for me, but Jem doesn't mind, so....away we go!
Come Dec 1, 2021, we'll have a Cody's near here, by the entrance to "Top O The World" on SR200, SW of Ocala.
Then I'll be only seven miles from Lunch at Cody's. :D

Cheers Mate!
I haven't been to a restaurant in 14 months. I get Bronchitis sometimes and if I get Covid when I have Bronchitis, it would be bad. Very bad.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I'm sorry! Since I've never had Bronchitis, or even Sinusitis, I can't really relate, but of course I can definitely Sympathize.
Evidently, according to my mom, I was born with nasal allergies, because I've had the sniffles all my 77 years.
It's one of those things for which there is NO cure, but lots of treatments. Over the years I've probably spent a fortune, or two on Benadryl and Kleenex. Like the song says, "That's life".

Seriously, I really wish you could get out to Cody's Roadhouse. It's a really fun place, with good food and drinks.
And you can sit inside or outside, whatever you choose. The area manager is a good friend....I first met him when he was the GM at Cody's in Ocala, years ago. And, I'm starting to make friends with the girl bartenders.

I love to drive my KIA Soul, and I love to eat out, so Cody's is just a natural for me. I do hope you can join me some day.

Y'all take care now, Y'hear?

·
Registered
21 Soul Turbo
8 Posts
View attachment 136776

I believe Jay Leno’s 1000bhp Toronado would cost a little more to reproduce. Worth it though.

it is rear drive too.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Well, of course, I've heard about Jay Leno's Toronado, but in the story I heard it was 800 horsepower, and the FWD mechanism could not take that power, so he removed the Transaxle assembly and replaced it with a Corvette transmission, drive shaft and rear end. That took a whole lot of fabrication and ruined a perfectly Great FWD car.

I had never driven a FWD car, before I bought my '66 Toronado. I was amazed, at the Great cornering ability of that car.
Wherever I'd point those big J78x15 tires, that's where the car would go, on ice, snow, mud or whatever.
I'm thinking that is what led the auto industry to start building FWD cars. Most of the cars I've owned since then have been FWD cars.

Cheers Mate!

·
Registered
21 Soul Turbo
8 Posts
Well, of course, I've heard about Jay Leno's Toronado, but in the story I heard it was 800 horsepower, and the FWD mechanism could not take that power, so he removed the Transaxle assembly and replaced it with a Corvette transmission, drive shaft and rear end. That took a whole lot of fabrication and ruined a perfectly Great FWD car.

I had never driven a FWD car, before I bought my '66 Toronado. I was amazed, at the Great cornering ability of that car.
Wherever I'd point those big J78x15 tires, that's where the car would go, on ice, snow, mud or whatever.
I'm thinking that is what led the auto industry to start building FWD cars. Most of the cars I've owned since then have been FWD cars.

Cheers Mate!
View attachment 136816
Cooper (see Mini) was the reason front wheel drive became so popular. Other cars in Europe such as Citroen helped with engineering that made ugly desirable. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
That first year model was way ahead of all the other cars... I believe that was the first American-made front drive vehicle.
Chiming in a bit late, but I'd suggest that several Cord models from the late 1920s and early 1930s substantially predate the Toronado as the first American built front-wheel drive cars.
And now, back to our regular programming.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts