Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
I got nothing. I suspect you had to have agreed to the settlement long, long ago which I did not. I prefer to have Kia pay me until I'm dead 馃槀

Registered
Anyone else hear what their settlement from the mileage lawsuit will be? I was informed I was getting $814.57 . Already got over $250 several years back. New tires for the 2012 here we come.
I got a preloaded Visa card for $1050 just before Christmas. Brings the total settlement including previous reimbursements to around $1500. Not unhappy at all

Registered
If you didn't agree to the settlement, how do you expect to get paid, sue them yourself?
Nope. I get the mileage reimbursement. So far between 2 cars I've gotten back maybe $4k or close to it. When the "settlement" came out it was a sorry deal compared to what I could get just by waiting them out.

Registered
Nope. I get the mileage reimbursement. So far between 2 cars I've gotten back maybe $4k or close to it. When the "settlement" came out it was a sorry deal compared to what I could get just by waiting them out.
Not sure I understand the difference. I thought this is the settlement, being reimbursed per mile. Years ago there was another pre-lawsuit attempt, and I got a $50ish gift card. In any case, the car is long gone, so it is still nice to get paid 5 years later.

Registered
Not sure I understand the difference. I thought this is the settlement, being reimbursed per mile. Years ago there was another pre-lawsuit attempt, and I got a $50ish gift card. In any case, the car is long gone, so it is still nice to get paid 5 years later.
There were a couple of different settlement options. The very first thing they came out with was the "payment per mile" setup, where you go in to the dealer, they record your miles, and you get a visa card in the mail a few weeks later. Not long after that they came out with the "bulk payment" setup, where you could get double credit on trading in your Soul on something else, or take a lump sump payment for the mileage shortage. That's what you people are getting that are getting checks. You opted in to the lump sum payment. Apparently (unknown to me) there was a hold-up on the payment because of - lawsuits? something else? I don't know. But the check you are getting now is from that.

I still get the mileage reimbursement. I did not opt in to the lump sum or trade-in deal because it was a shitty deal compared to just taking the mileage reimbursement, and time has proven me right on it. If in a case like you you were getting rid of the car or hardly drove any miles, then it made sense to take the lump sum payment. You could still get the lump sum even if you originally got the mileage, but it reduced the lump sum to some extent. Since I doubt Kia was going to send me $4k I made out better by taking the mileage reimbursement.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts