Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen many around Iowa/Illinois lately - but happened to see a Titanium from Illinois parked in a University of Iowa parking ramp this afternoon, with a nice snow coating.

I really would like to see a few more Souls around - the Cubes are starting to show up around Iowa City, so it's nice to see one "of my own kind" occasionally!

(Oh - and by the way - the Soul is doing a great job getting around in this godawful snow, even with the stock tires! MUCH better than our '07 Prius!)

:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tooling around Iowa City yesterday (1/16), and saw an Alien in my rear view mirror!

The driver was a nice 60+ guy who pulled up next to me at the stop light, and we gave each other a thumbs up - he opened the window and commented that we don't see many of them around here, and that folks don't know what they're missing!

So at least I know there's one other one in town. It is a challenge, since there isn't a Kia dealer in town - have to go up to Cedar Rapids (@ 25 miles) or Davenport (60).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen many in Iowa either!! I have seen a Red one in Mason City and another Black one every now and then when I'm on I-35 towards Des Moines. But it would be nice to see some more!! They have no idea what a great car they're missing out on!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well if you ever swing by Bloomington, Normal, Chillicothe or Peoria you can see me. I think I've seen maybe 5 Souls total and in May I will have had my car a year. Soul's aren't very popular in the areas I mentioned, at least not on the board.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I live in northern illinois on the Wisconsin boarder. In the few months that I've had my Soul, the # of souls has gone up. Not because of mine although I'd like to think so! ;) Yesterday, there were 3 Souls in the Walmart parking lot!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Souls in Indy

Seeing more and more Souls out there! A few days ago I was staying overnight at an airport hotel and there were two other Souls in the parking lot!

Last week I counted six when I was out and about doing errands. And a co-worker of mine just bought TWO!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I live in northern illinois on the Wisconsin boarder. In the few months that I've had my Soul, the # of souls has gone up. Not because of mine although I'd like to think so! ;) Yesterday, there were 3 Souls in the Walmart parking lot!

Not many here in Wisconsin either, I have seen a total of 4 since I have gotten mine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not many here in Wisconsin either, I have seen a total of 4 since I have gotten mine:rolleyes:
I've passed maybe 2 Souls in Kenosha. Haven't seen any in Elkhorn, where the fam is. Oh and one in Trevor, where the sister in law is of course. Just saw the second white one in my town, must admit was a little jealous! :eek: This town ain't big enough for the two of us! Okay, it is! We'll see what happens now that the 2011's are in stock at the local Kia...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I am down in St. Louis Metro area and just bought a 2011 Soul Plus so add me to the list :)

We have not seen many others around here either. Maybe 3, 4 max in a weeks period.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've passed maybe 2 Souls in Kenosha. Haven't seen any in Elkhorn, where the fam is. Oh and one in Trevor, where the sister in law is of course. Just saw the second white one in my town, must admit was a little jealous! :eek: This town ain't big enough for the two of us! Okay, it is! We'll see what happens now that the 2011's are in stock at the local Kia...
Finally saw a Silver in the Elkhorn area! And oh goodness....since the 2011's came out, I see them all over! My neighbor got a Denim. The Soul drivers aren't too friendly around me however. I wave and smile, yeah we're in the Soul Club together, but I don't get too many positive responses. I did get a soul to honk at me before I noticed them though, how friendly! But that's about it hahaha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is at least one more the same color as ours (silver) here locally. This is in a town of about 2000 people, but just 6 miles from Macomb, IL. It is 20,000 people, so could actually be from Macomb. Doug

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I still don't see a whole bunch of Souls around, even though they've been out for 6 years. Of the ones I do see, the '10-13 models are more common. I live in a town of 7500 people and I'm pretty sure there's only 1-2 other Souls in town.

·
Registered
637 Posts
There's a zillion of them in the Twin Cities. I thought there weren't many until I bought one, and now I see them everywhere (there are 6 dealers within 30 miles). About evenly split between Gen1 and Gen2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts