Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Im new to the forum so i apologies if im posting this in the wrong place.

Situation:

Im trying to hard wire a dash cam into the fuse box. I purchased a couple of mini fuse add a fuse conectors however they are to big to fit the fuse box. Question:

Does the 2015 soul have special type fuses?

Can i get an add a fuse device that fits the fuse slots inside the fuse box? If so what type are they?

Do i need to buy KIA branded replacement fuses as my main stockest only has the 3 normal type........The fuses on the soul 2015 would appear to have the blades in a much narrower position than i have seen before.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance?

GMG0049

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
Welcome. The Soul uses about a gazillion different types of fuses. Not sure that there are Kia branded fuses, none that I know of. I went to my manual to try to determine what a spare fuse collection would look like and came away with half the auto parts store. The easiest way to do it is to by an inline fuse and find a place to tap off the 12V (either before or after the fuse boxes) and wire it that way. My way is to tap from the 12V outlets because there is one there that I don't use.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
There is usually power provided at rear mirror you just need to tap or plug in there.
Have you an inline voltage adaptor for dash cam check and see if it will slot in.
There is often a spare fuse in box.
Search hard wiring dash cam.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
These are indeed rare fuses; (slightly smaller than common ones) and are called "MICRO2 ATR" fuses. My Kia dealer had never seen them before, and can't get them for me!!
Look on the inside of your under bonnet fuse box cover and you will find a little bank of spare ones! The tap ones are available from ebay but seems only from USA, I see you are in UK.... but do a search quoting micro2 atr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts