Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the "Draftv icon below the message composition field does anything? As I compose a message it occasionally has a green dot that comes and goes on it, which I assume is an "auto save" feature, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to use this feature or where these drafts are saved.

You see, I usually run my tablet's Chrome browser with 30-50 tabs open (I know, shame on me) and as I'm composing a message if I flip to another tab for any reason half of the time my browser's cache doesn't hold what's on that previous tab and the browser redraws the page, losing everything I've already written. So instead of starting from scratch, accessing a draft copy of my message would be godsend!

So does the message draft feature work in these forums?

If not I'll have to compose my lengthy messages in a separate text app.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,618 Posts
Hey kerig I think it does save the draft. I noticed sometimes if I need to go to another tab or application, like for more info to go into my post, when I come back the message I was working on is saved. But sometimes it's "gone or not showing" & I'm like, crap did I lose it all? I discovered if I "refresh" the page, the saved draft appears. Whew!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey kerig I think it does save the draft. I noticed sometimes if I need to go to another tab or application, like for more info to go into my post, when I come back the message I was working on is saved. But sometimes it's "gone or not showing" & I'm like, crap did I lose it all? I discovered if I "refresh" the page, the saved draft appears. Whew!

Cool! Thank you!!!
Refreshing the page is the simplest remedy, and the one thing that I did not try. I'm either losing my touch or my mind. 😲

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,618 Posts
Cool! Thank you!!!
Refreshing the page is the simplest remedy, and the one thing that I did not try. I'm either losing my touch or my mind. 😲
I'm losing both, but I digress.

What were we talking about? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts