Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I’m new here and there is a TON going on here. I apologize if their is an answer to this deep into the thread count here.

question:
I live in Guatemala and visit villages with ruts quite often on the dirt roads. I’d love to get a little extra lift on my Soul just by changing tire sizes. I guess I could do rims too if needed?

The car was brought in from the US and I bought it from a random guy. I’m not sure on the model. It does come with OEM standard aluminum alloy rims(if I even said that right!). The tires are lower profile, but look to be standard for the year and model.
thanks for any help!

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have 205/55r16 alloy which is my factory size. On my driver's door, when standing with the door open there is a label that lists original tire size.
Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD has some interesting tools and information.
The part I know that might be helpful is the first number is width in mm, the second number is aspect ratio, a percentage of the height, and the third is rim diameter.
In the US tires have weight and speed classifications.
The website referenced will convert tire diameter to standing height.
A 195/65r15 (base trim steel rim) has more sidewall than a 205/55r16 (+trim alloy rim) but is not actually taller.
632mm vs 635mm.
The tool will allow you to enter measurements from your car and make suggestions about what to buy.
IMG_20200212_141939.jpg

·
Registered
418 Posts
good point eGAK, the speedo will not read correctly without modifications which are complicated and involved.
anytime I drive something with a suspect speedo I use a secondary GPS based item. Tork app ( free version on smartphone ) or Garmin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts