Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is not dune, it will always be a shake to me. My new baby just got shipped in last week and I could not be happier with my new purchase. I'm not a big mod guy so I probably won't be doing anything drastic and honestly, it's perfect the way it is in my book. I didn't do the upgrade package because I liked the houndstooth too much. Plus i don't really need heated seats and the gps on my Iphone is amazing, no need to fork out the extra $.

Welcome to the world Master Shake :D

Favs about it:
UVO- it's simply awesome. I walk in my car and the bluetooth automatically connects my phone and starts playing whatever song I had running on Pandora or Spotify. I also DJ so being able to run turntables from the trunk through the upgraded soundsystem is fantastic.

Rear Camera- never thought I would ever use it but already has saved me 3-4 times just this week from hitting something as I get used to the depth perception. Nice lil addition

Wheels: they are probably my favorite standard rims on any car i've seen around recently

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
looks great, you mean it never gets cold in Philly? Maybe the "snowbirds" should be going to Philly instead of Florida :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
it is not dune, it will always be a shake to me. My new baby just got shipped in last week and I could not be happier with my new purchase. I'm not a big mod guy so I probably won't be doing anything drastic and honestly, it's perfect the way it is in my book. I didn't do the upgrade package because I liked the houndstooth too much. Plus i don't really need heated seats and the gps on my Iphone is amazing, no need to fork out the extra $.

Favs about it:
UVO- it's simply awesome. I walk in my car and the bluetooth automatically connects my phone and starts playing whatever song I had running on Pandora or Spotify. I also DJ so being able to run turntables from the trunk through the upgraded soundsystem is fantastic.

Rear Camera- never thought I would ever use it but already has saved me 3-4 times just this week from hitting something as I get used to the depth perception. Nice lil addition

Wheels: they are probably my favorite standard rims on any car i've seen around recently
This is what i am on a MAJOR hunt for :)!!! Looks so GREAT!! Would you mind giving details on how you got "your specified preferences" as this model in this color it harder to get :) Thanks !!!!! Congrats!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,091 Posts
Congrats! What a beauty! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what i am on a MAJOR hunt for :)!!! Looks so GREAT!! Would you mind giving details on how you got "your specified preferences" as this model in this color it harder to get :) Thanks !!!!! Congrats!!!!
Sure. I went to a dealership by me originally looking at an '11 exclaim. I was almost sold until he showed me the '12+ model. I saw the diff in the front grill and got a peek at a picture of the 12's wheels and told him I was going to hold off. He then asked if I didn't mind waiting about 6-7 weeks he could put in a factory order. Since I was traveling for 5 of those weeks it was a no brainer. It was actually built and shipped from Korea. They said it was the first '12 exclaim they have seen or know of being in the philly/nj/ny area. I still haven't seen 1 besides mine yet around these parts. It was def worth the wait!

·
Registered
53 Posts

Favs about it:

Looks awesome.. I just picked mine up this past Monday and it likes exactly like your car.. options and features.. can't be more happy :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks awesome.. I just picked mine up this past Monday and it likes exactly like your car.. options and features.. can't be more happy :)
Congrats twin! I originally wanted white but then found out it wasn't available on the exclaim. After is saw the shake color in person when they pulled it around I knew there was a reason it didn't come in white. The way dune flows from the exterior to interior is awesome. Lots of compliments as I'm sure you are getting too!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats twin! I originally wanted white but then found out it wasn't available on the exclaim. After is saw the shake color in person when they pulled it around I knew there was a reason it didn't come in white. The way dune flows from the exterior to interior is awesome. Lots of compliments as I'm sure you are getting too!
There are definitely a number of colors, especially moss, canyon, and definitely dune, that are not done justice on a website or a color swatch. The sunlight makes a big difference! We would have been happy with any of those colors, for sure.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
haha yea we get our chill for a few months of the year but not enough to justify the look of the houndstooth!
when you start using those heated seats you'll be glad you have them. My Rondo was the first vehicle I had with heated seats and I would never get another vehicle without them again. It feels so go on those cold mornings when you can active them and feel the heat on your seat and up your back within a short period, long before the engine gets up to full temperature.

In Canada your two-tone beige interior of your Exclaim is in the 4u Retro model, but they no longer have the houndstooth cloth, its a plaid design instead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sure. I went to a dealership by me originally looking at an '11 exclaim. I was almost sold until he showed me the '12+ model. I saw the diff in the front grill and got a peek at a picture of the 12's wheels and told him I was going to hold off. He then asked if I didn't mind waiting about 6-7 weeks he could put in a factory order. Since I was traveling for 5 of those weeks it was a no brainer. It was actually built and shipped from Korea. They said it was the first '12 exclaim they have seen or know of being in the philly/nj/ny area. I still haven't seen 1 besides mine yet around these parts. It was def worth the wait!
Thanks, that's great! We're planning to purchase this same way...looking to buy by the end of the year. Just are beginning to contact a couple dealers to see who will be willing to "put in the order". Was that something that you had to insisted on, or asked for, or were they easily willing to accommodate you? Also, what did you end up paying(if you don't mind sharing)?
Sorry for all the questions, need advice :)?? LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is beautiful, congratulations! I also love the houndstooth. People here think I got it custom made (Alabama Crimson Tide uses houndstooth in honor of Coach Bear Bryant's hat), but I'm not a crazy football fan. Just happen to have a red car with houndstooth interior because it's fantastic. :p.

Love your avatar, too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, that's great! We're planning to purchase this same way...looking to buy by the end of the year. Just are beginning to contact a couple dealers to see who will be willing to "put in the order". Was that something that you had to insisted on, or asked for, or were they easily willing to accommodate you? Also, what did you end up paying(if you don't mind sharing)?
Sorry for all the questions, need advice :)?? LOL
The first Kia dealer I went to was the one trying to pressure me into buying a 2011. When I said I wanted a 12, he said good luck finding one
Around here for a while. Immediately drove to a diff dealer, that's when he said if I wanted the 12 I could put an order in. No haggle or anything. I suggest going to the closest one and telling him what ya want from a factory, he said he wasn't sure why the other dealership never told me I could factory order.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The first Kia dealer I went to was the one trying to pressure me into buying a 2011. When I said I wanted a 12, he said good luck finding one
Around here for a while. Immediately drove to a diff dealer, that's when he said if I wanted the 12 I could put an order in. No haggle or anything. I suggest going to the closest one and telling him what ya want from a factory, he said he wasn't sure why the other dealership never told me I could factory order.
I think there must be some confusion on that. Our dealer said there wasn't a "a direct process for ordering like there would be on a domestic car," but said they could request one from Kia. I think the main issue would be that it would take a good deal of time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Doesn't it seem logical that if Kia is trying to truly integrate itself into our American marketplace, it would establish an ordering system similar to that which we are all accustomed to using? I definitely think they're missing sales because of their inept request ordering.

JMHO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts