Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With just a pine cone, a coat hanger and a butt connector,
I fashioned a paper towel dispenser to fill that odd space in the trunk.

LED bulb lit during daylight:
2015-04-01 16.04.41.jpg
Old hanger.
2015-04-01 16.04.16.jpg

First, I threw the pine cone over the fence.
Then I bent an old coat hangar into the shape that I need to hang a roll.
I mistakenly wrapped the coat hanger around the net hook.
The hook came off so do not apply force to that net hook or else you will have a slot/hole in your panel. I went to my KIA dealer, and they do NOT have this part.
I also used left over wire hanger to fashion a real grocery bag hook. My old Scion XB had great grocery hooks on the back of the front seats.
2015-04-01 17.22.53.jpg
Anyway, I do not use the net, and the hole works better for me than the hook. An 'L' shape to the end will allow it to stay in the slot. The other end has about a 1 inch 'L'' bend in it. It hooks over the back part of the 'U' shaped seat holder, the seat latches onto the front part of this black bracket. Here is where I re-load rolls, that 1 inch bend fits through the hole in the paper towels.
2015-04-05 16.00.51.jpg
Now I need the paper towels and windex because bugs hit my windshield. Wipers and wiper fluid do not really work for this. Like a rainbow of bug guts across your field of vision. No, I stop at almost every rest stop to clean my windshield. (No one else cleans windows.) There are also extinct dinosaur birds that seem angry. So, unless you have an extra shirt, a roll of paper towels and windex can save your vision for the ride home.

Lastly, the butt connector covers the place where the coat hanger ends, the sharp ends are squeezed into a large butt connector so they will never scratch anything.
This is how I store my fluid. A small bungie cord. My spare dispenser is in that pocket behind the Glass Plus.
2015-04-05 16.00.14.jpg
Now I would post this as a MOD for everyone, but I have learned that no one else will be doing this MOD. Only me and Martha Stewart are interested in this.

See my other MODS that no one wants:

Larger Lug Nuts
Sun Visor warning label covers
Exhaust tip
Wax inside wheels
Engine sticker removal

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Retainer.....

With just an old scrap of velcro stripping, I secured my dangling seat belt.

2015-05-28 11.10.08.jpg
This is for SOULS that carry 4 people, not 5.
2015-05-28 11.11.32.jpg
Some appliance that I bought, had a cord wrapped in a thin velcro band.
2015-05-28 11.11.52.jpg
I saved it for years and now I found a use for it. It sticks to the back of the rear seats, so, I use it to hold the 5th seat belt.
See photos:
2015-04-01 16.06.12.jpg
I tried this, and the hook came off.
Now, where is that mileage thread?
2015-05-29 01.42.42.jpg

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This belongs in the GEN 2 section under After Market Mods. Can an admin fix this?

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Moderators, can this thread be moved into GEN2 section? Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 KIA SOUL Plus
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, if it is that old, move it to the GEN2 board where it belongs.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2015 2.0 litre EX GDI Alien Green II Pearl
314 Posts
Great mods but..... the Martha Stewart adjective detracts.

Dudes and dudettes were doing similar mods long before Martha Stewart showed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts