Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Last manual I had was my 1953 Studebaker. Not ever going back. The closer I get to a self-driving car the better I like it.
The closer we get to Star Trek level transporters the better. Beam me up Scotty!

·
Registered
719 Posts
These are current 2019 Vehicles (small cars, performance, trucks, SUV) that offer Manual Transmission:
That list will continue to shrink, but I should have been more precise. The OP was frustrated that a MT wasn't available in all trims. When you get away from performance vehicles, I think that is rare. Audi used to be one, you could get a decked - out A4 with a MT (I had one), but no more. From your list, looks like BMW is still there, but I suspect that will change. MTs used to provide better mileage, but with CVTs and 8 to 10 speed auto's, I don't think that is the case anymore and I'm not sure there is a market for a 10-speed MT.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I get it. You like it simple. It is that simple.

Manual transmission drivers buy them because they enjoy the driving experience it provides. You can rag on it as much as you like. I enjoy not having a computer choose what gear I'm in. Others do.

It's not about better mileage, which is debatable at best, or how some people want to just steer their car like a golf cart. Some want a fully autonomous car & don't care about the experience at all. Awesome.

No need to hate on manuals or think for some reason it makes you extra intelligent because you can't or won't drive one. You simply prefer to push "D" and go. You're definately not alone ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Simple answer is because nobody wants them. I bought a new 2020 base 6 speed for $14,600 in July. It was the only 6 speed they had, and only had PDI miles in it

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a "somebody."

·
Registered
17 Posts
These are current 2019 Vehicles (small cars, performance, trucks, SUV) that offer Manual Transmission:

BMW 2 Series
BMW 4 Series
BMW M2
BMW M4
BMW M6
Cadillac ATS-V
Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Colorado
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Sonic
Chevrolet Spark
Dodge Challenger
Fiat 124 Spider
Fiat 500
Fiat 500X
Ford Fiesta
Ford Mustang
Genesis G70
GMC Canyon
Honda Accord
Honda Civic
Honda Fit
Hyundai Accent
Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Veloster
Jaguar F-Type
Jeep Compass
Jeep Wrangler
Kia Forte
Kia Soul
Lotus Evora
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Mazda 3
Mini Clubman
Mini Countryman
Mini Hardtop
Mitsubishi Mirage
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
Nissan 370Z
Nissan Frontier
Nissan Sentra
Nissan Versa
Porsche 718 Boxster
Porsche 718 Cayman
Porsche 911
Subaru BRZ
Subaru Crosstrek
Subaru Impreza
Subaru WRX
Toyota 86
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Yaris
Volkswagen Golf
Volkswagen Jetta
I have a outback. I wish I could sell it and get a kia soul(MT or AT) and fiat 124 spider(only only MT)-Both used

21 - 30 of 30 Posts