Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in buying aftermarket shifter knob for my Manual Soul +. Anyone know if I have to look for a certain type of knob given the collar on the shifter for reverse? Was thinking about this predator shifter knob (Pilot) for my Alien. They have the pedals to match. I figure predator and alien go together :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
now if only someone could find an automatic shifter knob that had the lever to release it from park and the overdrive button.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I helped prototype and test one from a MFR that makes them custom. Not cheap, but you get exactly what you want. Just can't post about the vendor here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know I am bringing up a dead post, but I just ordered the TWM Big Type R reverse lockout shiftknob that is listed for the Forte and it does not fit the Soul without modification. The hole in the shifter is not big enough to accomodate the plastic lockout piece and the lockout shaft would need to be shaved down to size... Its not impossible but will require patience and elbow grease. The knob itself looks and feels fantastic. I used my old lockout (i installed short throw) to do a test run to see if it can even be done and it can. I used razor blades and a hot soldering iron to melt and cut the thickness down. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up before they spend $160 on a shiftknob.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
6,900 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but that link above is a trojan rootkit infection. DON'T CLICK IT.
ADMIN: If that's the case, would it be possible for you to delete Post #4 so folks don't get this virus? The poster hasn't been back in over 8 years. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts