Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday, (maybe even tomorrow if I get a good enough deal) I will be making a deposit on a Denim Auto Soul + w/Spoiler, Headlight Accents, and Sound System Upgrade.

Now the MSRP of all that comes out to around $17,308 without any labor. Now a dealer down the road said they can do that (with labor included), if not beat it. However my favorite dealer here in town is yet to make an offer (I have not asked yet). Except last time I was there they said they could get my car in 6-8 weeks, and for around $17,800-$18,000 out the door.

This dealer has only a $189 dealer fee while the others is high (they beat around the bush when asked). So before I go in there and start haggling (I'm great at it by the way;)), is there anything you guys said that made them drop it just a little more then before? Thanks -Toaster

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Going to the dealer right now to hopefully finalize the deal.

I'm hoping for a realistic shot at $18,000 OTD. My calculations show $18,535 w/ taxes (no license fee, i don't know how it it will be), so I might be able to entice them. We'll see.

·
Registered
156 Posts
well, i was never good at haggling at car dealerships before, but last time me and the wifey went to buy a car she schooled me up really good. she told the saleman that she loves her car and really has no reason to buy a new car just wanted to look and so we walked out the door. not wanting to lose the sale, they came back with like 3 different offers, we finally bought a car. we were going to buy it anyway, we were just making them sweat it out.

so when i was looking at the soul, i tried the same tactic. i walked out twice on the dealer and told him i love my current car and i just stopped by cus i liked the hamster commercial. they bugged me to bring in my car so they could see it for trade in and i stalled. they called me a couple times and i brought it back. when they looked at the car and compared it to the blue book they low-balled me so i told them no thanks, not doing it, so they came back with a couple new offers and i finally bought the soul.

i think what i learned from this is that the key is not really showing the salesman that you are happy with their product and price. they will try to find ways to make you happy, which means more $ in your pocket.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This dealer has only a $189 dealer fee while the others is high (they beat around the bush when asked).
I've made it clear with two dealers that I'd walk and ask another dealer to match or beat the price if there was so much as 5$ added to the invoice above the negotiated price.

Of course they said that THEY would never do that, but other dastardly dealers in the area do... :rolleyes:

One of the two did however break and sheepishly admit to some 50$ charge that is standard at their dealership. :p I just replied that that was fine, just make sure that the TOTAL on the invoice equals what we negotiate and the dealership charge can be whatever you want to make it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay I have a quoted OTD price of $18,476. While this is decent they would not budge on price. Nothing I did made them drop. So I told them to remove the spoiler, leaving me with just a Plus with Sound System. I was then at $17,928, which is respectable. They will not go any lower.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Maybe they will call you back with a better offer...what the heck are they going to do with a Denim spoiler unless they have another one they can put it on? I suppose they could keep it in parts.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
yeah they won't come off that price for anything are you trading the cavvy alot of times you can really get them to come up on the trade in price
You are so right about that...they gave us $5500 for a 2004 Hyundai Elantra GT with 72xxx miles on it, and $4000 for a 1996 Chevy Camaro 6-cylinder, manual, with 5100 miles. We knew we were not going to beat that deal.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I was planning on selling the Cavalier myself, not a trade in. The Denim Soul is being pre-ordered so to speak. Since they verified it's a limited run of 1200 in the USA (officially releases in August, they might get it sooner.), I need to make a deposit on one to guarantee them I'm going to buy it. Once it comes in, I pay their price, but they won't order it till I make the deposit.

I'm thinking of paying the $17,928 (that's with all fee's, OTD price), but demanding they put in fog lights for free. I will buy the Fog's from the manufacturer (since the only way to get them otherwise is with the $800 moonroof/fog package which i don't want. Just Fogs.), and give them to the dealer to install for me. I think that is a fair trade-off. I'm going to give them a call Monday unless they call me first, proposing such a plan.

However I have no idea where to buy such lights, so any site would be great. OEM lights too, none of the chinsey 3rd party crap. If someone could give me the dimensions of the Fog Light Housing that would help significantly. L-W-H and if possible depth.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hhhmm what state are you in ? Because i have a molten plus & the dealership is selling me the headlights & putting them in for 400.00 i don t have to get the package & the dealership does have the foglights & switch at least mine does iam in tennessee

·
Registered
618 Posts
$4000 for a 1996 Chevy Camaro 6-cylinder, manual, with 5100 miles.
Please tell me that is typo :p.!!

I normally do the internet thing with car buying since I can always get a great deal that way but I have noticed many dealers have turned away from that method as of late. So far it sounds like you are sticking to your guns which is good!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, not a typo ;)
:eek:

Anyway here is an update:

I've lowered the OTD cost to $17,798 with just a soundsystem, and $18,234 with Soundsytem and Spoiler.

The dealer has a Denim on boat right now, and it will be here late July, beating the expected August time table:D

However they don't know whether it comes with a moonroof or not, they suspect it does. That means it also will have fogs (which is good), but I don't want to pay $800 for something I will never use. SO get this, the sales manager told me he will deduct the price of the MOONROOF and FOGS to $100!

You read right, he will take $700 off the price and sell me the car for the agreed on price. I was shocked and on Friday I have arranged to put my $500 deposit down:cool: I was getting a little bummed seeing as they were not budging on the price, but I ending up lowering the price by close to $1000:eek:

Plus after waiting it out, I'll be one of the first Soul drivers with the Denim here in the USA, it's a great feeling:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That is great news! I am glad they worked with you. And you know you better take pix before you leave the lot and post them here ASAP so we can all see.

Is the eek because of the price we got for the Camaro, or the miles on it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is great news! I am glad they worked with you. And you know you better take pix before you leave the lot and post them here ASAP so we can all see.

Is the eek because of the price we got for the Camaro, or the miles on it?
Combination of both. For such low miles, I would have assumed a higher trade in.

Yeah I'm excited, and will gladly post pictures once it finally arrives. Plus the dealer is about an hour away from my house, which allows me to have a nice drive in my new Soul:D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Well, if it were an 8 cylinder, then it would have been more. We were happy with the price. We did a lot of research and knew we wouldn't get much more than that, even as a private sale. And we didn't want to deal with people just coming to look and *hoping* they could drive a stick, etc. No hassle this way.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
$17,700 OTD. Soul Denim + w/Moonroof and Fogs, Audio Upgrade package. I feel like the man! Talked them down a ton! $500 Deposit, it will be here mid-late July, pics will come the moment I can get it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts