Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or do you know of any company that offers a magnetic hood patch for the flat center rear portion of the hood? I think it would interesting to have one in a contrasting color like the stick-on ones I've seen but that could also be removed or reapplied if you wanted. Maybe one could be made by the graphic companies that make stick-on magnetic signs for the side of doors like real estate people use? :think

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think this might be a great Idea !

For almost 3 years I have been using these sign’s about 40 hour a week
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
soul 10.jpg
I put them on before my shift & remove after
Make sure the sign(magnet) is clean clean clean & car too before sticking on.
If they get wet water will get between magnet & body, just removed before it dry’s & clean
Uneven fading of paint & scratches would be a bad result of using these,
But due to my diligence in cleaning & most my usage is at night,
You could never tell I put these on my Soul, Paint is still absolutely perfect, even on roof where I put the Pizza car topper sign that has big rubberized feet.
I've been using Columbus signs,
Signs Columbus & Best Graphics Image .com
3760 Snouffer RD., Columbus, Ohio. 43235 614-327-7929
Very reasonably priced, but I notice that there’s are thinner thickness than the original one’s we once had,
I noticed that even though they were thinner material they have held up well & look more like a decal than the thicker versions.
They surely can make anything you want to design, I'm thinkin already !

:)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I talked to them and they said that the aerodynamics of the wind would probably be an issue at higher speeds and that they wouldn't recommend it, especially if it came loose and blocked your view or something. Oh well, back to considering stick-ons I guess. A magnetic hood patch might be good for when you confine your driving to slow speed surface roads or if you are just wanting to park and show your vehicle though.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
I would think you would be pretty safe with a magnetic bonnet sticker aerodynamically, i often drive to work with the bonnet covered in droplets of water and even on the high speed bit the flat top to the bonnet stays full of droplets (the front rounded edge gets blown clean). The issue i would have is dirt twixt magnet and paint and the scratching caused therein. I experimented with magnet bonnet covers and caused minor scratches on a spotless car in seconds.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
hey - just who was it who complained of abrasions of sensitive areas ? i believe the post originated in north wales -
Will you change your name...... i always get "abba" in my head when i read your posts and its bedtime here and i cant sleep with that blonde girl in my thoughts!!!....lol

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Will you change your name...... i always get "abba" in my head when i read your posts and its bedtime here and i cant sleep with that blonde girl in my thoughts!!!....lol
You should approach her in your dreams. Take a chance, take a chance, take a ch-ch-ch-chance.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
My wife has got a sheepdog bra!!.... it rounds them up and points them in the right direction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts